Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Body cam footage clears cops in Cleveland shooting death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body cam footage clears cops in Cleveland shooting death

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...hooting-death/
    But this surveillance technology also captures officers who, in the words of a local Cleveland county prosecutor, have acted with "remarkable restraint." In this instance, body cam footage of several Cleveland patrol officers shows them doing everything they could to convince a man to put down his weapon.

Police came to visit Theodore Johnson's Cleveland residence after his wife claimed he threatened to kill her. The man had already shot one officer, striking the chest of a patrolman David Muniz's ballistic vest. "I know you shot me, but I'm not going to shoot you," Muniz tells the 64-year-old Johnson, according to police body cam footage taken at the scene.
    Johnson replies, "Do what you do, man," according to the video.
    According to the tape, Muniz tells Johnson, "Put the gun down. We don't want to kill you. Just drop the gun."
    "I wanna die," Johnson replies, according to the tape.

"No, you don't want to die," Muniz replies, according to the tape.
    Officers are overheard telling Johnson they will get him some help. He says he doesn't want it, according to the tape. He raises his weapon, and the police open fire, killingsaid in a statement. "These Officers are commended for responding with courage and for heroically fulfilling their duty to protect the public."
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

l doubt it makes them feel a lot better. It's an awful thing to have to live with.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

l doubt it makes them feel a lot better. It's an awful thing to have to live with.
      Yeah.
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Yes, while it's consoling to know that others know you acted prudently, it's still quite a burden to have taken a human life.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment