Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Wow. Gender Neutral Bathrooms Lead To Disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Gender Neutral Bathrooms Lead To Disaster

Are we putting our women at risk?

The link can be found here.

The text is as follows:

Could anyone have possibly seen this coming? Let's plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

So apparently the University of Toronto has decided to reduce the number of gender-neutral bathrooms. Why? Because shock of all shocks, but there were cases of women showering and cell phones reaching over in an attempt to record them. Of course, this has led to absolute shock. Who on Earth could have possibly seen this coming? Did we have any evidence out there whatsoever that men will be capable of doing absolutely anything just for the chance of getting to see a woman naked? (You know, besides little pieces of evidence like the entirety of human history and the nature of our society as a whole)

Please note that this wasn't a shock to anyone who did not believe the overarching narrative and actually knew something about human nature. I'd been saying when I first heard about these kinds of policies that there will be many guys in high schools that will "identify" as women just to get a chance to shower with the girls. This isn't a modern thing. Give guys a chance like that fifty years ago and they would have taken it as well. The difference is that right now our society is giving them just that opportunity in the name of tolerance and who is the biggest loser in this? The women.

After all, many women are very sensitive and protective about their bodies and don't want them shared everywhere. When a woman is in a shower, she wants some privacy. Now men of course do care about their bodies, but women are often the most prone to being violated. Most of the time when you hear about rape, it will be the case of a man raping a woman. (We should definitely add that the reverse does in fact happen and one reason it might not be reported as much is because a man would not want to admit that he was overpowered by a woman.) Men also tend to be much more visually stimulated than women are. My words to describe the ways sexuality can work in marriage is that if a man wants sex, usually he needs to be attentive to his wife, caring about her needs, bringing home flowers, helping out with chores around the house, etc. If a woman wants sex with her husband, she just needs to even hint that she's about to take off her clothes.

Now if we were thinking consistently and wisely about this issue, what we'd probably do is realize that the majority of women do not need to be put in a danger because of the concerns of a few individuals. If someone wanted "gender-neutral" bathrooms that could overall hold only one person at a time for instance, this would not be a problem, but when matters become public, we have a problem. My concern is that we could in fact blame the women for not being so sensitive to the people on the other end. Why should I think something like this won't happen? It has in fact already happened with Planet Fitness.

In fact, some readers are probably thinking I'm pretty intolerant for just writing this.

If you think I am, then feel free to think so even more. As a married man, I have already decided I will not be going anywhere where I have reason to believe a man could legally go into a restroom or public shower where my wife happens to be. I care about her safety and well-being way too much for that. Am I intolerant in that sense? You bet I am. I am intolerant that there could be a man out there that somehow could possibly use a situation like that to take advantage of her and I have zero tolerance for that.

What many of us hope will happen back on planet Earth is that people will wake up and realize that gender is not a fluid concept and just because you say you feel like something does not mean you have all rights to that something. Our behavior is putting our women at risk in the name of tolerance and I suspect that it could be our children are not far behind. Again, a story like this has not been a shock to most of us, but it should be a huge wake-up call to anyone who has been buying into the narrative.

The question is now, what are we going to do about it?

In Christ,
    Nick Peters

So I posted this on your facebook page but I'll post it here:
    Oh I hated the idea because I knew it was coming. I'm shocked that other people didn't have the common sense to realize it was coming. Transgender does not mean that sexual preference has changed and a violation of rights is still a violation of rights. I know I was not the only one with the same argument. Not to mention there are men who will "pose" as women just to commit voyeurism, frotteurism, and other sex crimes and take full advantage of this. Bathrooms are still private places. VERY private places. So are locker rooms.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

But the liberals PROMISED we had nothing to worry about, and mocked us for even THINKING there might be trouble!

(Houston is battling this even as we speak)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Every business by law will need at least ten different bathrooms to cover all the possibilities.

For example, they'll also need one for exhibitionists who WANT their pictures taken by voyeurs.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
          Every business by law will need at least ten different bathrooms to cover all the possibilities.

For example, they'll also need one for exhibitionists who WANT their pictures taken by voyeurs.
          and yes
          Sorry that made me laugh a bit.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

There have been problems with "gender neutral restrooms" elsewhere as well.

Source: University of Toronto Dumps Transgender Bathrooms After Peeping Incidents

The administration at the University of Toronto was recently enlightened on why two separate washrooms are generally established for men and women sharing co-ed residencies.

The University is temporarily changing its policy on gender-neutral bathrooms after two separate incidents of "voyeurism" were reported on campus September 15 and 19. Male students within the University’s Whitney Hall student residence were caught holding their cellphones over female students’ shower stalls and filming them as they showered.

Melinda Scott, dean of students at the University of Toronto, told The Daily Wire that campus police had been contacted immediately and worked with residence staff to “support impacted students and ensure the safety of the Residences.”

“Given the serious nature of these incidents and the impact on directly affected students, we made the decision to specifically designate some washrooms in Whitney Hall for those who identify as men and those who identify as women,” Scott said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*[The story continues at the link provided and all emphases are in the original]*]

Unfortunately I think that our "enlightened" educrats and politicians will ignore this problem until some cases of physical assault start taking place. But the question is will that be enough to get them to change the policy or will they organize protest marches and sensitivity awareness classes?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              There have been problems with "gender neutral restrooms" elsewhere as well.

Source: University of Toronto Dumps Transgender Bathrooms After Peeping Incidents

The administration at the University of Toronto was recently enlightened on why two separate washrooms are generally established for men and women sharing co-ed residencies.

The University is temporarily changing its policy on gender-neutral bathrooms after two separate incidents of "voyeurism" were reported on campus September 15 and 19. Male students within the University’s Whitney Hall student residence were caught holding their cellphones over female students’ shower stalls and filming them as they showered.

Melinda Scott, dean of students at the University of Toronto, told The Daily Wire that campus police had been contacted immediately and worked with residence staff to “support impacted students and ensure the safety of the Residences.”

“Given the serious nature of these incidents and the impact on directly affected students, we made the decision to specifically designate some washrooms in Whitney Hall for those who identify as men and those who identify as women,” Scott said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*[The story continues at the link provided and all emphases are in the original]*]

Unfortunately I think that our "enlightened" educrats and politicians will ignore this problem until some cases of physical assault start taking place. But the question is will that be enough to get them to change the policy or will they organize protest marches and sensitivity awareness classes?
              My money is on sensitivity awareness training.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Huh, it's almost like this was a bad idea, or something.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Huh, it's almost like this was a bad idea, or something.
                  Ya THINK, Dinozzo?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Ya THINK, Dinozzo?

Well, obviously it can't actually be a bad idea. It's gender inclusive!
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Well, obviously it can't actually be a bad idea. It's gender inclusive!
                      Well, yeah, there's that!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Aw, come on. What good would that do without at least one good protest march

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

One thing Christians ought to do is to boycott such places as the University of Toronto. Unfortunately there are so few such Christians.
                          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Right, that's going to do what, exactly for perverts?
                            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                              One thing Christians ought to do is to boycott such places as the University of Toronto. Unfortunately there are so few such Christians.
                              And an awful lot of such places.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment