Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should LOW IQ Persons Be Invountarily STERILIZED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Not by law.
    yes it is. (I just caught that, I guess I'm kinda slow)

By law we live in a Capitalist country (5th Amendment "......nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation")
    (IOW, individuals are allowed private property in the USA, instead of the collective community owning it)

Capitalism creates competition.
    Competition means winners and losers.

Winners are rewarded , Losers are punished.

competition, 'haggling' for example, Low IQ vs High IQ, ....guess who wins
    To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post

You do realize this also describes life in general, no? The survival of the fittest, and all that.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        You do realize this also describes life in general, no? The survival of the fittest, and all that.
        It is amazing how often that term is misused and misunderstood.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Source: IQ TESTING 101 Alan Kaufman PAGE 126

source

....(CLICK PAGE 126)

© Copyright Original Source

In America, your hardest working vegetable-picker is not considered worth as much as your laziest doctor, lawyer, bank president
          Which again, not everybody with a high IQ is going to be a doctor or lawyer.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

not always.

Sometimes the less fit cooperate to overthrow the 'fittest'

Source: NEW SCIENTIST Gang of chimpanzees kills their alpha male

source

Source: SCIENCEDAILY How cooperation can trump competition in monkeys

Being the top dog -- or, in this case, the top gelada monkey -- is even better if the alpha male is willing to concede at times to subordinates, according to a new study. Alpha male geladas who allowed subordinate competitors into their group had a longer tenure as leader, resulting in an average of three more offspring each during their lifetimes.

source

To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Which again, not everybody with a high IQ is going to be a doctor or lawyer.
              I would like to see your reaction when you look up between the stirrups and notice the janitor uniform hidden underneath the doctor's smock

Comment

I would like to see your reaction when you look up between the stirrups and notice the janitor uniform hidden underneath the doctor's smock
                Avoiding will not answer a word I said JR. Not every intelligent person is going to be a doctor or lawyer and one doesn't need to be a doctor or lawyer to be rich.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Avoiding will not answer a word I said JR. Not every intelligent person is going to be a doctor or lawyer and one doesn't need to be a doctor or lawyer to be rich.
                  Many doctors are so burdened down with school debt and malpractice insurance premiums that they're FAR from "rich".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Many doctors are so burdened down with school debt and malpractice insurance premiums that they're FAR from "rich".
                    Not only that, but your raw IQ score does not determine how successful you're going to be.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

yes it is. (I just caught that, I guess I'm kinda slow)

By law we live in a Capitalist country (5th Amendment "......nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation")
                      (IOW, individuals are allowed private property in the USA, instead of the collective community owning it)

Capitalism creates competition.

competition, 'haggling' for example, Low IQ vs High IQ, ....guess who wins

First, having rules about private property isn't the same as establishing a capitalistic system. I don't know of any 'communist' system w/o private property laws. The Fifth is about legal procedure (due process) and legal rights, not establishing an economic system.

Second, being shunted into an institution isn't a 'solution', either. Communisms have a hideous record where dealing with the mentally impaired is concerned.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Not only that, but your raw IQ score does not determine how successful you're going to be.
                        it determines how unsuccessful you're gonna be.

while not every High IQ is going to be doctor or lawyer or bank president or CPA or Steve Jobs or PhD...

...how many <75 IQs are going to be doctor or lawyer or bank president or Steve Jobs or PhD...

Comment

it determines how unsuccessful you're gonna be.

while not every High IQ is going to be doctor or lawyer or bank president or CPA or Steve Jobs or PhD...

...how many <75 IQs are going to be doctor or lawyer or bank president or Steve Jobs or PhD...
                          One doesn't need to be a doctor, lawyer, bank president, etc to be successful. I can introduce you to a few people, with below average IQ's, who are doing quite well for themselves while I can introduce you to those who have a very high IQ who are not. IQ, in of itself, isn't a determining factor in how well off you'll end up being.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

If everyone is a doctor, who will build the cars?
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              If everyone is a doctor, who will build the cars?
                              Does God make healers.

(do our talents come from God)

Comment

In australia a large study of Intellectually disabled parents was done and found that a "low IQ" or intellectual issue WAS NOT a risk factor as to what made a good parent "a good parent." It gathered large amounts of data from Social Services across several Countries including Germany the US and the UK. https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publication...otection-key-i
                                Here are the ACTUAL identified risk factors
                                Source: source

social isolation;
                                parental stress;
                                parents with past histories of being abused or neglected as children;
                                demographic characteristics such as parental income, education, and employment status;
                                parental physical and mental health problems;
                                children with physical or mental health problems, behavioural problems or disability;
                                parental substance abuse; and
                                domestic/family violence (Cleaver, Unell, & Aldgate, 1999; Feldman et al., 2002).
                                The research suggests that to overcome any extra risks that lower income or mental impairment might provide rather than hinder parenting social support should be provided and it should be:
                                Research suggests that optimal services for parents with an intellectual disability are:

family-centred;
                                provided over the long-term;
                                focused on strengths rather than deficits;
                                home based;
                                feature participatory rather than relational elements of practice; and
                                performance rather than knowledge based.

This makes your point null and void according to the experts who study this, and the answer is a big fat NO. you on the other hand
                                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment