Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Mormons in Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Thanks, Punkinhead.... keep us in your prayers. So far, he hasn't called back, but I'm encouraged, and looking forward to sitting down with him. Obviously, he's been thinking about this.
    That is the important part.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      That is the important part.
      I was wondering last night what, exactly, he had been thinking about, and what he wanted to discuss. We'll leave that in the Lord's hands, though.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was wondering last night what, exactly, he had been thinking about, and what he wanted to discuss. We'll leave that in the Lord's hands, though.
        sometimes things you hear takes years to come to fruit. Long before I was a Christian, there was a Christian guy at work, Bob, who was always a good witness for Christ. He didn't hide his faith, but was never pushy about it either. He was a good worker and every once in a while we talked about religion and he told me about heaven and God and things like the resurrection. It didn't convince me at the time, but I was impressed by him nonetheless. Several years later when I became a Christian, I remembered Bob, and am pretty sure he set me on the path that eventually led me to Christ. Just by being himself.

So even if the mormon doesn't call you, I am pretty sure you made an impression on him and one day he might come to Christ and he will remember you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          sometimes things you hear takes years to come to fruit. Long before I was a Christian, there was a Christian guy at work, Bob, who was always a good witness for Christ. He didn't hide his faith, but was never pushy about it either. He was a good worker and every once in a while we talked about religion and he told me about heaven and God and things like the resurrection. It didn't convince me at the time, but I was impressed by him nonetheless. Several years later when I became a Christian, I remembered Bob, and am pretty sure he set me on the path that eventually led me to Christ. Just by being himself.

So even if the mormon doesn't call you, I am pretty sure you made an impression on him and one day he might come to Christ and he will remember you.
          That's kinda what I was thinking -- even if I don't hear from him, I know he's "thinking", and he doesn't necessarily need "me" --- God is working in his heart, and will lead him to the answer.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We're just arrows - our job is to point to the One everyone really needs.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Yup. I've always likened the role to being sign posts for the lost.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                I still remember your sermon at the tweb convention about lighting the way. It was inspirational.

Comment

I just do the talking part. God does the good stuff.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Nice thread! My dad's first cousin gave me some poems and Christian literature when I was a Mormon. I saved them, even a Billy Graham tract which I didn't read till years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
                      Nice thread! My dad's first cousin gave me some poems and Christian literature when I was a Mormon. I saved them, even a Billy Graham tract which I didn't read till years later.
                      Interesting you should post today... I was thinking about reviving this thread, because I saw the Mormon I talked to in Walmart today. He was walking down the street near my Church, which is just about a block away from the Mormon temple. We exchanged waves, but I doubt he knew who I was. He is, however, still in town, so maybe I'll run into him again!

Comment

Interesting you should post today... I was thinking about reviving this thread, because I saw the Mormon I talked to in Walmart today. He was walking down the street near my Church, which is just about a block away from the Mormon temple. We exchanged waves, but I doubt he knew who I was. He is, however, still in town, so maybe I'll run into him again!
                        That's interesting. Is the Mormon temple in Dallas or Fort Worth? I'm just guessing. Yeah, everyone in Texas waves to people.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
                          That's interesting. Is the Mormon temple in Dallas or Fort Worth? I'm just guessing. Yeah, everyone in Texas waves to people.
                          This particular one is not one of the "biggies" -- in fact, I'm not sure it's actually called a Temple -- but it's definitely a meeting place for Mormons, and they do baptisms for the dead 'round the clock. This one is East of Austin, Texas.

Comment

The only ones I can find are Dallas, Houston, Lubbock, and San Antonio. The reason I asked is because I've been to Texas.
                            Last edited by Janice; 08-31-2016, 04:55 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X