Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 10/26/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 10/26/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    “Come with me and meet God face-to-face,” Jesus Christ…

The bible tells us that in the last days of his life on earth Jesus turned his eyes toward Jerusalem, a cross, an empty tomb and his final destination his return to God. As I think about Jesus’ resolve to complete his journey back to God I recall his unspoken words to me many years ago to follow him.

As I sat in our driveway waiting to pull into traffic around 7:15 am Saturday morning while driving to our local Walmart there were a dozen or so cars headed into town but none heading out of town. While waiting I found myself wondering where they were going so early on a Saturday morning. Pulling into traffic my destination suddenly turned from Walmart to God’s heart as the cars whizzed by I couldn’t help but wonder what their spiritual journey was taking them.

Then leaving the store I could see more cars on the road but because it was still dark I couldn’t tell what make a car they were nor could I see the driver or the number of occupants but again I began wondering about their spiritual journey. Suddenly the Glory Seed Devotionals entered the picture and I began thinking about how they can assist us on our journey into God’s heart.

For me the bible serves two main functions first of all it is God’s unspoken voice to me and secondly there are times when it becomes my unspoken voice to God. In response to my Saturday morning trek to Walmart and back I “heard” God’s unspoken voice, “…I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.” (Psalm 32:8–9, NLT)

Jesus began his prayer the night of his arrest with something that applies to each of us on our spiritual journey toward and into God’s heart. “…Father, the time has come for you to bring glory to your Son, in order that he may bring glory to you.” (John 17:1, CEV) Jesus knew that if he were to complete his journey and reach his destination he wouldn’t be able to do it on his own, he needed God and he knew if he asked God would provide him whatever he needed. So it is with us Jesus will not only guide us to our toward God and he gives us the Holy Spirit to provide us whatever we need to not only keep moving toward God but also the motivation and power to meet him face-to-face.

Lead on Jesus, lead on!

BE strong in the LORD!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

“My dear friends, stand firm and don’t be shaken. Always keep busy working for the Lord. You know that everything you do for him is worthwhile.” (1 Corinthians 15:58)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you’d like some inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless marked otherwise all scriptures are from the CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!!! Lead on Jesus! Lead on!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X