Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Cancer Risk and WHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bacon-is-sneaky.jpg
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Hopefully no outsiders will enter this thread and find out what fools we in TWeb are. Fun, yes, idiocy no.
      Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        It was probably written by vegetarians.
        Severe sarcasm noted.

But it seems every 10 years or so scientists change their mind about what is good for you and what is bad.
        Likely more frequently than that considering the advances in nutrition science. Are you not able to acknowledge changes in the knowledge of nutrition due to advances in science?

I remember when eggs where supposed to be bad for you because of cholesterol, but when I met with a dietitian recently I was told I need to eat more protein and eggs were a good source. I asked about the cholesterol and she said well now they don't believe eating eggs raises your cholesterol at all, because most of the cholesterol in you is made by your own body.
        Part true and part false based on the present knowledge. The problem is not with the bodies production of cholesterol, of course it does. The problem is with how the body manages the cholesterol. The trend today is to monitor cholesterol levels and treat the problem on the individual level.

Next thing you know they will tell us that smoking cigarettes is good for your health.
        Not likely more than 60 years of good scientific evidence assures us that will never be the case.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          All humans need B-12, the best source of B-12 is red meat. The WHO can kiss my Steak
          There are more different sources of B-12 that are more than adequate. Some of us that pernicious anemia cannot absorb B-12 like me, and tons of meat will not help. I have take B-12 shots. Sound healthy nutrition recommendation does not necessarily eliminate meat from the diet.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Severe sarcasm noted.

Likely more frequently than that considering the advances in nutrition science. Are you not able to acknowledge changes in the knowledge of nutrition due to advances in science?
            Derp
            That was my point

What they claim is healthy or not healthy today will probably change tomorrow and even to the extent that it is a complete reversal

So I dont give a lot of credence to these studies which seem to flip around faster than a typical weather forecast

Comment

Vegetarian or not, I think we would all be a little healthier if we stuck to turkey bacon.
              I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
                Vegetarian or not, I think we would all be a little healthier if we stuck to turkey bacon.
                And die a little bit inside with each bite

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why do you think that? What makes turkey bacon healthier?
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

No.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                      Why do you think that? What makes turkey bacon healthier?
                      It does not taste as good so obviously it must be more healthful (healthy is not the correct term).

Comment

blasphemy!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X