Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No need to keep secrets. Just keep the public bamboozled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    JFK murder
    Excuse me, "murder" only applies to human beings.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
      I did overstate what "Lil Pixie and others" said. But, why say things like that if not to refute my case in the JFK murder thread?
      Why do I need to refute the idea that a lack of evidence is just more evidence that you're right and everybody else is wrong? Like I've heard before, JFK was a big figure and people don't want to believe that some lone nut could kill a US president, but it has happened not just in the case of JFK, but also in the cases of Garfield and McKinley. The only US president, we know, for a fact, was killed by a conspiracy would be Lincoln. Why do you have such a hard time believing that lone nut cases can kill famous figures?

Arguing "that a lack of evidence is just more evidence for your case"? Too bad she will not be around to point out at least one example of that. Possibly she meant that she didn't see any witness evidence, therefore it is a lack of evidence--I don't know.
      And yet, 50 years later nobody has been able to find any sort of evidence to support the assertion that JFK was killed by anybody else, but a lone gunman. Why do you want to believe these nutty conspiracy theories?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Excuse me, "murder" only applies to human beings.
        Either you regard JFK as a god or ... as a devil. Hmm ... or animal. Or were you just being satyrical?
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Why do you have such a hard time believing that lone nut cases can kill famous figures?
          I don't have a hard time believing whats-his-name killed John Lennon.
          And yet, 50 years later nobody has been able to find any sort of evidence to support the assertion that JFK was killed by anybody else, but a lone gunman. Why do you want to believe these nutty conspiracy theories?
          Well, why don't I buy the book mentioned in the OP of the JFK murder thread
          http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ull=1#post2112
          and mail it to you. You then go through the book paragraph by paragraph, explaining why all those paragraphs plus citations can't be true?
          Last edited by Truthseeker; 02-23-2014, 02:53 PM.
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

This could be an example of a conspiracy that managed to keep its racket going for at least a decade. "Gold Fix Study Shows Signs of Decade of Bank Manipulation" http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...ipulation.html

Comment