Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Aged Cheeses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aged Cheeses

Allie has been on EMSAM 6 mg for about a month and we could up her to 9 mg, but she's supposed to not have foods rich in tyramine and mainly that means aged cheeses. I'm not sure what qualifies as aged cheeses. Does anyone have any authoritative list or anything like that?

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
    Allie has been on EMSAM 6 mg for about a month and we could up her to 9 mg, but she's supposed to not have foods rich in tyramine and mainly that means aged cheeses. I'm not sure what qualifies as aged cheeses. Does anyone have any authoritative list or anything like that?

Aged Cheese's are grown in a mold. They can be soft or hard and are left in a barrel to "cure" Cheese that is not safe for Allie would be things like Cheddar, Colby Monterey Jack, Parmesan, Asagio, Gruyere, Swiss, Roquefert, Brie, and Bleu Cheese also Mozzeralla that you can purchase in block or string form or slice form I would steer clear of.

There are some fresh cheeses which form anywhere from within a few minutes to 4 days and these are generally safe. Cottage Cheese, Cream Cheese, Ricotta Cheese, Mascarpone, American Cheese, and Fresh Mozzarella (This is found in specialty stores or very close to the deli. It is very soft and sold in its own liquid) Are not aged cheeses and are considered safe for consumption.

For more info look here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/40...migraines-eat/

While this list is more for people with migraines it states the safe non aged cheeses and some examples of aged cheeses.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

A PDF on sources of tyramine in foods. This shows, Cath, brie as an eat occasionally cheese. Why it has less tyramine than others I do not know. It is aged significantly less than Camembert and such?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...aCJczg&cad=rja
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        A PDF on sources of tyramine in foods. This shows, Cath, brie as an eat occasionally cheese. Why it has less tyramine than others I do not know. It is aged significantly less than Camembert and such?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...aCJczg&cad=rja
        Yeah its a "Soft" Cheese, and it is aged less, but the Medication she's on is relatively specific about tyramine in foods and Hypertensive crisis. I would avoid anything that's been aged unless its been approved.
        Now there is a Low Tyramine Diet PDF available http://www.nmh.org/ccurl/504/151/Low...ne-diet-08.pdf and it says brie, Parmesan and Romano are safe as a very occasional garnish. So you might want to look at this and submit it to a physician or dietician.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

fashion-aged_cheddar-cheeses-cheddars-mature_cheese-generation_gap-nfkn118_low.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X