Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Connection between natural gas, wooden palaces, aeronautics and megalithes

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    What's he trying to sell?
    Probably just wants his nuttiness all over the internet so that it is found by search engines.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    What's he trying to sell?
    lunacy

I'm always still in trouble again

Mor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Mor has made 3 posts. All three were of the same sort of weird. He never returns to respond. What does all that add up to?
    I see, you think it is weird. Ok. Me too.

If you think about what games we played 10 000 or 100 000 years ago, what books read, what stories told, what music liked etc, you realize something, history is not about who reigned when and far from archeology, antropology, etc... It is closer to steampank, cosmosaga and science fiction. We are the same people that lived then, we like and value more or less the same. Surely there is a huge amount of garbage left, but what you can find digging garbage? Garbage, and exclusions are negligibly rare.

Remember that Japanese palaces are copied again and again on the same basement, and sometimes it is even hard to tell when the palace was built the first time. Japan is also isolated for a long time. Look for example at the helmet and see how it is tied? and compare to Egyptian style. It seems that they are from the same era. I am almost sure that Egyptians flied to Japan, and back. The journey maybe was not matter of a few hours as today, but a month or more.

h_1446147774_3706265_64e528cf1b.jpg h_1446147842_8518913_985a3d7cca.jpg

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mor View Post
    I see, you think it is weird. Ok. Me too.

If you think about what games we played 10 000 or 100 000 years ago, what books read, what stories told, what music liked etc, you realize something, history is not about who reigned when and far from archeology, antropology, etc... It is closer to steampank, cosmosaga and science fiction. We are the same people that lived then, we like and value more or less the same. Surely there is a huge amount of garbage left, but what you can find digging garbage? Garbage, and exclusions are negligibly rare.

Remember that Japanese palaces are copied again and again on the same basement, and sometimes it is even hard to tell when the palace was built the first time. Japan is also isolated for a long time. Look for example at the helmet and see how it is tied? and compare to Egyptian style. It seems that they are from the same era. I am almost sure that Egyptians flied to Japan, and back. The journey maybe was not matter of a few hours as today, but a month or more.

h_1446147774_3706265_64e528cf1b.jpg h_1446147842_8518913_985a3d7cca.jpg
    Um, no. On the Egyptian example that isn't how it was "tied" but was rather a false or cosmetic beard. As can plainly be seen in the images below, it was not something that held the headdress[1] in place.

And the Japanese helmets are modeled on helmets from China and Korea with the earliest versions (not the much later one that you show in your post that appears to come from the Sengoku period or even later[2]) coming from the 4th century although what we generally think of the typical Samurai version didn't first appear for another six to seven centuries[3].

1. The royal blue striped headcloth worn by pharaohs wasn't any sort of helmet and covered the crown and back of the head and neck with two parts of the cloth serving as flaps that hung down alongside the ears on the front side of both shoulders and was tied together in the back and fastened with rings.

2. Third quarter of the 15th cent. AD and later.

3. Ō-yoroi style armor including the helmet (kabuto) began to appear during the 10th century (Middle to Late Heian period) and became popular around the time of the Genpei War at the very end of the that period (1180s).

Mor
    rogue06, thank you. I meant that the Japan was isolated for a long time, that is why even relatively new things (e.g. 400 ago) have similar fashion to more old ones (e.g. 4000 ego). Of course, Egyptian headdress is not a helmet, it is not even a military clothing. But the fashion looks close. Do you not see something in common, as if they are from the same era? I didn't say that the Egyptian clothing is tied at chin, just the style is similar, because wasn't sure about what that thing is, but thank you, now I see what it is.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Dresses are for girls. Not heads.

Mor
    Forgot to say, that the wood is not the only material that can be used. Bamboo is very light, durable and sturdy material, common in Mexico, Egypt, China and Japan. It can even be, that they made large airships or even that the palace itself could fly. Least sure about the last.

We, contemporary people, have chosen mostly ground transportation, and ground roads are very important to us. It demands a large amount of resources to have all roads in good condition and roads cause problems to animals. What if we have chosen air transportation? It has advantages and disadvantages. No need for long roads any more, no need in bridges, and animals, rivers are fine. Only short pedestrian roads are needed. The disadvantages depend on the actual technology. Possible disadvantages are that you still need something to cling to: e.g. holey stones in the meadows, and ballast to take off need be prepared (spherical stones).

What if a disaster happens now? Who can survive: those who live on the ground, or those who live mostly on the flying bamboo or wooden palaces? (I am not sure, though, can it be truth or not). I think, those who live mostly in the air have more chances to survive. However, they will need to land anyways, and live on.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Nope.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

9. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

11. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

13. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.