Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Something that perplexes me about homosexuality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that perplexes me about homosexuality

I do not want debate in this thread. I just have a question that I would like responses to.

I am asking, respectfully, that Starlight, whag and firstfloor refrain from posting in this thread.

If homosexuals are not interested in the opposite gender, why do so many of them, at least those that I have met or those who are portrayed on tv, affect to almost farcically, the mannerisms of the gender they are not interested in.

You would think that men who are attracted to other men would be attracted because of their masculinity, not to a man who is trying to portray a woman. Or, a woman who isn't interested in men would be more attracted to a very feminine woman rather than one who affects the mannerisms of a man.

I do not understand this, and in my mind, it shows a great confusion among those who practice the lifestyle.

Coming out of this question is the one that wonders why any homosexual man would desire to dress like a woman, i.e. "female illusionist" when they are trying to attract another man who wants to be with a man, not a woman.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

You're victim of steotyping.
    Real homosexuals as often (or more so) act like famous "Macho Man" song of the Village boys. They dress like cops or in other tough, masculine imagery.
    And as often due to genetic propensity and/or emulation of their mothers/sisters they act like those they like most or feel most comfortable with, women who are feminine.
    I'm straight myself. I know men too well to like them. Most of my life I have quite disliked men. It took me a long time to realize that women were not so much better than men as I had been deceived into thinking. (I had a good mother, her mother seemed saintly to me--though she wasn't--and my two sisters are nice.) There were no girls in the boys' locker rooms, so I never heard them saying such awful things as I routinely heard from teenage boys. And the worst talkers of them all I think in hindsight were the homosexuals. Sometimes they acted brutish, sometimes swishy.
    Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I do not understand this, and in my mind, it shows a great confusion among those who practice the lifestyle.
        I think you are assuming that all homosexuals should have the same preferences and desires. They don't, any more than heterosexuals do.

Some heterosexual men are attracted to pretty, delicate lace-draped women. Some are attracted to practical, competent, dungaree-dressed women. Some are attracted to brash, lewd, bikini & shorts types. Some are attracted to tough military women (think Vasquez from Aliens). Some are attracted to tall long-legged poised and elegant women. Some to chocolate-covered Rubenesque intellectuals, some to oil-smeared mechanic biker chicks, some to leather-clad dominatrices, some to shy and quiet wallflowers, some to multiply-pierced tattoo displayers, some to slugabed tanned beach babes, some to frenetic hopped-up ravers, or sarcastic self-assured independents, gentle loving and tender carers, salicious smirking freckled redheads, Nordic Valkyries, petite Asian maidservants, Callypigian twerkers, scatty and mysterious wine-drinkers, lab-coated goths, pious and demure homemakers, pony-tailed cowgirls in denim and boots, ...

Does this show a great confusion among those who practice the heterosexual lifestyle?

Roy
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I do not want debate in this thread. I just have a question that I would like responses to.

I am asking, respectfully, that Starlight, whag and firstfloor refrain from posting in this thread.

If homosexuals are not interested in the opposite gender, why do so many of them, at least those that I have met or those who are portrayed on tv, affect to almost farcically, the mannerisms of the gender they are not interested in.

You would think that men who are attracted to other men would be attracted because of their masculinity, not to a man who is trying to portray a woman. Or, a woman who isn't interested in men would be more attracted to a very feminine woman rather than one who affects the mannerisms of a man.

Coming out of this question is the one that wonders why any homosexual man would desire to dress like a woman, i.e. "female illusionist" when they are trying to attract another man who wants to be with a man, not a woman.

I'll do my best but I'm very straight. I know plenty who are homosexual or bi though. Most of the time I find that bi or homosexual folks who act like the opposite gender in real life tend to do so out of histrionics. They might naturally be slightly more effeminate or masculine, but "play up" the role for attention.
          However I know many a number of bi and homosexuals that are a man's man or a woman's woman, they just happen to be attracted to the same sex. Granted you'll find a lot more lesbians and gays in the arts and entertainment world and chances are they'll be more masculine/effeminate, but that is then the nature of the arts and entertainment world. The more drama the better the acting.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's the Devil's oldest trick, trying to make evil palatable by mimicking something good.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What actually puzzles me more are masculine men that don't act effeminate, you would even know they're gay, but are attracted to their own sex. If they act feminine, you could easily explain that away as biological.

Comment

From what I've come across, nobody knows for sure, but there are several hypotheses. One is that it acts as signalling, allowing gay men to recognize each other. Another is that it has to do with hormones and brain development. A third is that it has to do with culture, because some gay men don't conform to the male gender role so they borrow mannerisms of the role they more closely conform to or that some gay men adopted the mannerisms of the people who have historically accepted them.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    What actually puzzles me more are masculine men that don't act effeminate, you would even know they're gay, but are attracted to their own sex. If they act feminine, you could easily explain that away as biological.
                    And two lipstick lesbians -- but did you miss the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      I think you are assuming that all homosexuals should have the same preferences and desires. They don't, any more than heterosexuals do.

Some heterosexual men are attracted to pretty, delicate lace-draped women. Some are attracted to practical, competent, dungaree-dressed women. Some are attracted to brash, lewd, bikini & shorts types. Some are attracted to tough military women (think Vasquez from Aliens). Some are attracted to tall long-legged poised and elegant women. Some to chocolate-covered Rubenesque intellectuals, some to oil-smeared mechanic biker chicks, some to leather-clad dominatrices, some to shy and quiet wallflowers, some to multiply-pierced tattoo displayers, some to slugabed tanned beach babes, some to frenetic hopped-up ravers, or sarcastic self-assured independents, gentle loving and tender carers, salicious smirking freckled redheads, Nordic Valkyries, petite Asian maidservants, Callypigian twerkers, scatty and mysterious wine-drinkers, lab-coated goths, pious and demure homemakers, pony-tailed cowgirls in denim and boots, ...

Does this show a great confusion among those who practice the heterosexual lifestyle?

Roy
                      Good analysis of male hetero tastes in chicks.

I don't know of any hetero dude who longs for a crew-cute wearing gal with sideburns and smelling of cigar smoke.

There are lesbo femmes who do.

I'm a hetero dude.

I can tell a smelly Edited by a Moderator from a tomboy hetero grease-monkey-errtee anytime.

The hetero-homo analogy breaks down.

Mossrose has a big ol' point.
                      Last edited by Catholicity; 11-08-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Roy
                        Roy --

Boyz will be boyz.

K54

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                          And two lipstick lesbians -- but did you miss the point?
                          Nah, I got the point. It's like wondering why two lesbians that swear off men use an artificial penis (not sure if I could use the street word for that here) in their sex acts. You'd think they'd have no need or want for male sex parts.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            Nah, I got the point. It's like wondering why two lesbians that swear off men use an artificial penis (not sure if I could use the street word for that here) in their sex acts. You'd think they'd have no need or want for male sex parts.
                            But they gots all dey need from men --Edited by a Moderator

So, we gots the bigger question -- is that Edited by a Moderator all that womens need?

And the even even bigger questions -- the purpose of sex and is there a need for propagation?

Moderated By: Catholicity

Proper use terms only. Do not be crude

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Catholicity; 11-08-2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Try to keep the language clean, please.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment