Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Self Defense amd Attempted Forced Abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Defense amd Attempted Forced Abortions

I've read online horror stories where a woman is forced by her boyfriend or family to have an abortion. If someone were in that situation, would it be okay for them to kick the abortionist in the painful area to keep them from preforming the abortion against her will? Or should she run off and call 911?
    911: 911, what is your emergency?
    Jane Doe(mother of Baby Doe): My boyfriend is trying to force me to have an abortion! He forced me into the trunk and he's driving me to the clinic!

Then what would 911 do?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Depending on local and state laws, this would be, at a minimum, "unlawful restraint", and at a maximum, "kidnapping". It is pretty much a crime anywhere in the US to force somebody to go somewhere (or to prevent them from going somewhere) against their will.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...-Restraint.htm
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is it illegal to coerce/force someone to get an abortion? Of course if a guy is telling his girlfriend to abort her baby or else he will break up with her, she shouldn't be in a relationship with that jerk anyway. And if he threatens violence, then she needs to call 911 for that is certainly evil. Of course some one this savvy most likely wont get in that situation in the first place, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        Is it illegal to coerce/force someone to get an abortion?
        That's a whole 'nuther can of worms. It is illegal to force somebody to go where they don't want to go (assuming it's not a parent or legal guardian or other person who otherwise has the legal right to do so).

Of course if a guy is telling his girlfriend to abort her baby or else he will break up with her, she shouldn't be in a relationship with that jerk anyway. And if he threatens violence, then she needs to call 911 for that is certainly evil. Of course some one this savvy most likely wont get in that situation in the first place, right?
        People do stupid things. And people in love (or lust) do incredibly stupid things)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why would some parents force their daughter to abort their grandbaby?

Comment

Why would some parents force their daughter to abort their grandbaby?
            One word, "sin."
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              One word, "sin."
              And degradation!

Comment

I've read online horror stories where a woman is forced by her boyfriend or family to have an abortion. If someone were in that situation, would it be okay for them to kick the abortionist in the painful area to keep them from preforming the abortion against her will? Or should she run off and call 911?
                911: 911, what is your emergency?
                Jane Doe(mother of Baby Doe): My boyfriend is trying to force me to have an abortion! He forced me into the trunk and he's driving me to the clinic!

Then what would 911 do?
                I don't think this is how most forced abortions are done. What usually occurs is that the woman is browbeaten into accepting that she must have an abortion.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I don't think this is how most forced abortions are done. What usually occurs is that the woman is browbeaten into accepting that she must have an abortion.
                  Abortion sounds drastic. What's wrong with crisis pregnancy centers or adoption? Do some people still have a stigma against unwed pregnancy?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    And degradation!
                    Meaning?

Comment

Meaning?
                      Sorry, W.A. (Wally) Criswell was Pastor of First Baptist Church, Dallas for like 187 years, and I don't think I ever heard him say "sin" without "and degradation!"

Degredation:
                      the condition or process of degrading or being degraded.
                      "a trail of human misery and degradation"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Sorry, W.A. (Wally) Criswell was Pastor of First Baptist Church, Dallas for like 187 years, and I don't think I ever heard him say "sin" without "and degradation!"

Degredation:
                        the condition or process of degrading or being degraded.
                        "a trail of human misery and degradation"
                        Well, one could argue that abortion degrades humans. Dogs and cats are killed more humanely than an aborted fetus! Even a mouse wouldn't be killed by ripping it limb from limb or sucking its brains out.

Comment

Well, one could argue that abortion degrades humans. Dogs and cats are killed more humanely than an aborted fetus! Even a mouse wouldn't be killed by ripping it limb from limb or sucking its brains out.
                          Which is why most people who support abortion stridently deny that the fetus is a human.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Which is why most people who support abortion stridently deny that the fetus is a human.
                            I thought they denied that the fetus was a person? Denying that a human fetus is human would be pretty stupid. My point is that we would not treat nonhuman mammals this way, so why would we do that to the most defenseless members of our species? Or do some people think that humans reproduce like yeast?

Comment

I thought they denied that the fetus was a person? Denying that a human fetus is human would be pretty stupid. My point is that we would not treat nonhuman mammals this way, so why would we do that to the most defenseless members of our species? Or do some people think that humans reproduce like yeast?
                              Please note carefully what I said. There is a semantic difference between 'human' and 'a human.' The latter is synonymous with 'a person'; the former is not.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X