Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Self Defense amd Attempted Forced Abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Please note carefully what I said. There is a semantic difference between 'human' and 'a human.' The latter is synonymous with 'a person'; the former is not.
    As in all humans are persons, but not all persons are humans? Don't know why some people try to make person not include all humans. Hmm... what other groups deny the personhood of certain groups of humans...
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      As in all humans are persons, but not all persons are humans? Don't know why some people try to make person not include all humans. Hmm... what other groups deny the personhood of certain groups of humans...
      You misunderstand. As in, it's not a person until it fully exits the birth canal. Until then, it's a parasitic lump of human cells.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        You misunderstand. As in, it's not a person until it fully exits the birth canal. Until then, it's a parasitic lump of human cells.
        That still may get nutrition from the woman after birth and will need someone to keep the organism from getting itself killed or dying from neglect.

Oh right! The personhood fairy invisibly spirnkles the fetus with fairy dust after it exits the birth canal completely. It's the fairy dust that does it!

Comment

Why would some parents force their daughter to abort their grandbaby?
          It depends. A lot of is pride and how unwanted pregnancies are viewed.

Abortion sounds drastic. What's wrong with crisis pregnancy centers or adoption? Do some people still have a stigma against unwed pregnancy?
          Very much so. It's not nearly as prevalent as it once was, but it still is very much the case (especially in super-religious families). I know of people who have had abortions specifically to keep their families from finding out.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Flip that. All persons are humans, but not all humans are persons. It still doesn't make any logical sense.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              Flip that. All persons are humans, but not all humans are persons. It still doesn't make any logical sense.
              That depends on the worldview of course.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X