Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Thomas Paine on Calvinism and Sophistry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Outis View Post
    Ah, well. I tried to give you credit!

Actually, there are some examples of harm within religious that most of both would agree in. On the religious side, those who engage in self-harm or harm of others--from snake-handling to suicide bombers. On the non-religious side, those so absorbed in nihilism can go to the same extremes.

Christianbookworm said it best. Humans can be mean jerks towards each other.
    Yep

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
      I get along good with Christians. my wife and extended family are christians. I even have enacted the golden rule toward Christians who have hurt me.
      And yet... what does your attitude here reflect?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Outis View Post
        My responses have absolutely nothing to do with the "evidence" you present, and everything to do with a refusal to take you seriously. But I shall have a fun time doing so.
        Sure it does; you just don't like all the evidence against your opinion and it is thus dismissed as such. As for not 'taking me seriously' you say that, but yet... what made you feel the need to make a response to something that had nothing to do with you? Right... keep telling yourself whatever you want yourself and other to believe. Maybe it might become true, sooner or later.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          And yet... what does your attitude here reflect?
          the golden rule has a differently applicability in the context of real life, surely you know this because you use that word often.

I would rather that you show your feelings than feign nicety. continue to be who you are. you don't offend me.

Comment