Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Christmas Decorations!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Decorations!!!!

I bought all the stuff to make a wreath!!! And then I got to go through and browse what else I want to decorate my house with this year. Anyone else like Michaels,too?

Then I found some quality lights at Home Depot..... (buying for outdoors next week)

And some cool reasonably priced lawn decorations at Wal Mart.....

Oh yeah were having Christmas at my house!!!
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

It's people like you that have retailers skipping Thanksgiving.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      As is traditional in my family, no Christmas stuff is going up until the Friday after Thanksgiving.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        This is the first year I've done this!!!! And I just don't care.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I don't have decorations up yet.

But yesterday my husband cut some evergreen branches and we made a big decorated pot of them for outside the front door. I wouldn't have done that yet but he cut the stuff so we had to do it.

Nothing else gets done until 2 weeks before Christmas, and it all comes down on New Year's Day.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            As is traditional in my family, no Christmas stuff is going up until the Friday after Thanksgiving.
            Same here.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I wanted to celebrate Hanukkah this year but I live in Texas where there are like 4 Jews and so I can find 0 menorahs.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment