Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Is Link in Purgatory in Majora's Mask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Link in Purgatory in Majora's Mask?

One video game theory about The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    is that Link is actually in dead and the game is him in a sort of Purgatory. This video makes a case for it.

This view is also explored in an essay of the book The Legend of Zelda and Theology. Awesome book btw :)
    Thoughts?

I love the Game Theories!! XD

Admittedly it is quite a convincing argument, heheheheh.

Admittedly I always did delight in the dark theme of Majora's Mask.
    Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

I'm still waiting for a convincing theory is to why on earth there is a grassy field with children playing in the core of the moon, and why those children resemble the Happy Mask Salesman. As well as a better explanation for the Fierce Deity Mask than the "official" manga explanation (the Adult Mask in the beta version made more sense, even if Fierce Deity is cooler).

That said, I'll also state that Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game.

Comment

It seems kind of a stretch to superimpose the Kubler-Ross model on the game without cherry-picking barely contextual quotes that don't quite form the feel of the rest of the game.

I am, however, very partial to the theory of the Stone Tower as the Hyrulian Tower of Babel equivalent.

After helping the troubled people of Termina and gaining all the masks, you receive the Fierce Deity Mask, a representation of the faith you instilled in everyone. With this power you can completely obliterate Majora, the representation of doubt.
        The game has quite a bit about grief and one's reaction to it, but faith and restoration tends to shine more strongly. Like Okami, but more subtle:)
        Last edited by Epoetker; 02-23-2014, 12:42 AM.

Comment