Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Derail from "Slaughter in Paris."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    No I did not. I accused him of blaming only 'atheist' governments, or possibly atheists, as responsible. Actually he confirmed this.
    Yes, you did. See the part of your post that I have bolded below:

Actually, as usual this is very misleading. In Europe Christians enthusiastically did the dirty work of the pogroms, religious and ethnic cleansing regardless of who the despotic rulers believed.
    אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      Yes, you did. See the part of your post that I have bolded below:
      Based on what you highlighted I made no reference to the pogroms and persecution in Asia.

Originally posted by Robrecht
      But you claimed that seer was being misleading and he was not merely or specifically referring to Europe.
      Originally posted by shunyadragon

Actually, as usual this is very misleading. In Europe Christians enthusiastically did the dirty work of the pogroms, religious and ethnic cleansing regardless of who the despotic rulers believed.
      Again, never mentioned the Asia problems. Your reading into my post something that simply is not there.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-15-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Based on what you highlighted I made no reference to the pogroms and persecution in Asia.

Again, never mentioned the Asia problems. Your reading into my post something that simply is not there.
        Nonsense. I never said you said anything about Asia. I merely pointed out that you totally missed seer's point.
        אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

I am and have been specifically referred to Europe. I am very sure of the position I want to take here. I never referred to China nor Cambodia.
          Are you completely dense? Tass was attacking the evils religion and I made the point that atheists have killed million and millions. Then you jump in with you nonsense.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Are you completely dense? Tass was attacking the evils religion and I made the point that atheists have killed million and millions. Then you jump in with you nonsense.
            I believe the evidence indicates that the Christians are just as responsible for the killing of millions in Europe as the atheists were.

Comment

I believe the evidence indicates that the Christians are just as responsible for the killing of millions in Europe as the atheists were.
              Really? Where do you get the numbers of millions? We know the atheists killed millions and millions and millions.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_Mass_Murder
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Really? Where do you get the numbers of millions? We know the atheists killed millions and millions and millions.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_Mass_Murder
                I like the selective way your conservative source selectively places blame. These countries are predominately Christian, and the mass murder would not take place without their enthusiastic support.

The persecution and pogroms against Jews cover hundreds of years through different rulers. This does not take place without support of the people.
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-17-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I like the selective way your conservative source selectively places blame. These countries are predominately Christian, and the mass murder would not take place without their enthusiastic support.
                  They are not selectively doing anything. The point is people kill for all kinds of reasons, political, ideological, religious, for greed, for the State, etc... That is the nature of man. I'm really tired of your SELECTIVE attacks on Christianity. I'm really sorry that your faith never really took off, that it is only a step child to the great religious of history. Your bias Shuny stinks to high heaven.

Comment

They are not selectively doing anything. The point is people kill for all kinds of reasons, political, ideological, religious, for greed, for the State, etc... That is the nature of man. I'm really tired of your SELECTIVE attacks on Christianity. I'm really sorry that your faith never really took off, that it is only a step child to the great religious of history. Your bias Shuny stinks to high heaven.
                    By far the majority of mass killing consistently over the millennia were millions of Jews. This is a fact of history.
                    Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-17-2015, 12:14 PM.

Comment

By far the majority of mass killing over the millennia were millions of Jews. This is a fact of history.
                      Really? We know that the Atheists killed between 60-100 million in the last century, what numbers are you looking at?

Comment

Really? We know that the Atheists killed between 60-100 million in the last century, what numbers are you looking at?
                        Atheists and Christians killed between 60 and 100 million, likely more in the last century.

Comment

Atheists and Christians killed between 60 and 100 million, likely more in the last century.
                          No, the number I gave only had to do with Atheistic governments. So where are your numbers for the millions and millions of Jews killed over the millennia? Do you have a reference, or did you just make it up?

Comment

No, the number I gave only had to do with Atheistic governments.
                            The number does not reflect the fact that the Christians enthusiastically carried out the will of the governments regardless of who ruled the government.

So where are your numbers for the millions and millions of Jews killed over the millennia? Do you have a reference, or did you just make it up?
                            Just look up Jewish pogroms, there are many many references.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...y/pogroms.html

Comment

There is plenty of motivation for Jewish pogroms in European history given the writings of Christians and references in the New Testament.

Source: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/anti-semitism/Luther_on_Jews.html

I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen.

He did not call them Abraham's children, but a "brood of vipers" [Matt. 3:7]. Oh, that was too insulting for the noble blood and race of Israel, and they declared, "He has a demon' [Matt 11:18]. Our Lord also calls them a "brood of vipers"; furthermore in John 8 [:39,44] he states: "If you were Abraham's children ye would do what Abraham did.... You are of your father the devil. It was intolerable to them to hear that they were not Abraham's but the devil's children, nor can they bear to hear this today.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

The number does not reflect the fact that the Christians enthusiastically carried out the will of the governments regardless of who ruled the government.
                                Who were these Christian followers of Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot?

Just look up Jewish pogroms, there are many many references.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...y/pogroms.html
                                I did say that there weren't pogroms but you claimed that millions and millions of Jews were killed over the millennia. Even your own link only references thousands. Again Shuny you are making stuff up.

Comment