Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Derail from "Slaughter in Paris."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    My concern is mostly with illegals, legal aliens generally would not work for slave wages.
    By mostly do you mean to say that with regards to jobs you have some concerns with legal immigration as well.

And we don't need comprehensive immigration legislation, we need enforcement - over all we don't need more immigrants at this point, there is not enough work for our citizens, especially low skilled workers. And I blame both sides, the Dems want future voters and the Pubs want cheap labor.
    There are now estimated to be some 11 million illegal immigrants in this country, that fact alone on its face requires comprehensive legislation. Democrats and the president are willing to enact and pass such legislation to deal with the problem as it exists now, republicans refuse to deal with it. Enforcement of existing laws is obviously needed in order to stem the flow. Business needs be held accountable for their continued hiring of illegal immigrants, although for some jobs we are more than happy that illegal immigrants are willing and available to fill them. But with the situation as it exists at the present, an attempt at enforcing existing laws alone is not going to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      The main reason 'there is not enough work for our citizens,' is liberal economic policies and practices.
      I think a better answer might be corporate greed. Millions of the good paying jobs that were once based here in the U.S. are now being done by virtual slaves in other countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        There are now estimated to be some 11 million illegal immigrants in this country, that fact alone on its face requires comprehensive legislation. Democrats and the president are willing to enact and pass such legislation to deal with the problem as it exists now, republicans refuse to deal with it. Enforcement of existing laws is obviously needed in order to stem the flow.
        I Agree, with the underlined part, but I don't agree that we need comprehensive legislation, if we just enforced the laws on the books and did our best to seal the border.

Business needs be held accountable for their continued hiring of illegal immigrants, although for some jobs we are more than happy that illegal immigrants are willing and available to fill them. But with the situation as it exists at the present, an attempt at enforcing existing laws alone is not going to work.
        I believe it is already illegal to hire illegals - start enforcing those laws.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think a better answer might be corporate greed. Millions of the good paying jobs that were once based here in the U.S. are now being done by virtual slaves in other countries.
          Right, because of bad trade deals - by both parties, including this recent one Obama is pushing. The very thing that Trump is talking about. Do you think Hillary would change anything? She is getting so much money from Wall St it is sickening.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think a better answer might be corporate greed.
            Isn't that right up there with the heartbreak of psoriasis?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Because of stupid liberal economic policies and practices.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Ah! Looking for scapegoats to justify what you believe!
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  Ah! Looking for scapegoats to justify what you believe!
                  For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

As opposed to JimL, who's objectively neutral and ideologically pure as the driven snow.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

As opposed to JimL, who's objectively neutral and ideologically pure as yellow snow on the roadside.

ftfy

Comment

Right Jed, don't blame the greed on the greedy, blame it on policy.

Comment

Right Jed, don't blame the greed on the greedy, blame it on policy.
                        You win. I blame the greedy liberals for wanting stuff they did not earn.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                          ftfy

Only if you missed my sarcasm.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Only if you missed my sarcasm.
                            I didn't miss it, I ignored it in order to score a point.

Comment