Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Concorde II? A New Supersonic Private Plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I was VERY impressed with how they handled it. The announcer told the crowd, "Ladies and gentlemen, obviously we've had a problem, and if you have small children, now would be a great time to visit our static displays...." (that was very smart) "... we will assess the situation and let you know in about an hour".

Sure enough, an hour later, he came back on, and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, as you know, life is full of tragedies, but we are professionals, and we intend to continue with our program.... We spoke with the father of the injured pilot, and he insists his son would have expect us to continue..."

And they did.

(on the way home, we heard on the car radio that the pilot died on the way to the hospital)
    That's sad to hear. Airshows can be dangerous though.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I didn't know there were any still around - did it look like they were keeping it in good condition?
      As a museum piece yes, as something that could ever fly again, no.
      My Blog: http://oncreationism.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment