Announcement

Collapse

Islam Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Islam. This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The connecting link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The connecting link

Chapters 38 and 39 of Ezekiel describe an invasion of Israel which is stopped by divine intervention. There is disagreement among Bible students about when this invasion will take place. Some think it is a description of the final battle at Armageddon; some think it will take place earlier, perhaps before the beginning of the tribulation. In the Left Behind series it takes place even before the rapture of the church.

The Bible tells us that at some time in the future there will be an event called the rapture, in which all Christians, living and dead, will be removed from the earth.
    For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
    1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 ESV

At some subsequent time a world leader will make a seven year treaty with Israel which will enable them to resume the system of sacrifices commanded in the Old Testament. This begins a period of time called the Tribulation. Such a treaty would obviously require the agreement of the Muslim countries surrounding Israel because a Muslim shrine now occupies the site of the temple.

Then in the middle of the seven years this leader will reveal his true nature by ending the sacrifices and demanding that he be worshiped.
    And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering.
    Daniel 9:27 ESV

The man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
    2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 ESV

One reason Israel’s enemies don’t unite for an all out attack is Israel’s alliance with the United States. They are afraid that if they go to war with Israel they will end up at war with the US as well.

The US has many Christians and some of them hold positions of influence. The rapture will probably have such a crippling effect on the country that it might be temporarily incapable of carrying out any kind of military campaign. On the other hand the countries that are Israel’s enemies have few Christians and almost none of them hold influential positions. The rapture will have little or no effect on their military capabilities and they might decide to attack Israel and try to destroy it before the US recovers enough to pose a threat.

Many Muslims are convinced that God wants them to destroy Israel and the Jews. This belief makes them totally unwilling to consider making any kind of peace with Israel. But what would happen if they attack Israel and are defeated by what is clearly an act of God? The shock of this event might make them question the truth of their beliefs. The final result might be a willingness to abandon their determination to destroy Israel and to agree to a peace treaty.

Perhaps the invasion described by Ezekiel is a link that connects the rapture and the signing of the seven year treaty. It could be the result of one and the cause of the other.
    The brutal, soul-shaking truth is that we are so earthly minded we are of no heavenly use.
    Leonard Ravenhill

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/

Where do you get this stuff man?! Stop watching so much fox news

Comment

Mr curious, if you could specify what part of theo's post you have issues with?
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by mrcurious View Post
        Where do you get this stuff man?! Stop watching so much fox news
        What makes you think I got this from Fox News? I got it from studying the Bible. It simply seemed to me that the most logical time for this invasion to take place would be between the Rapture and the signing of the seven year treaty.
        The brutal, soul-shaking truth is that we are so earthly minded we are of no heavenly use.
        Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

[QUOTE=theophilus;264929]Chapters 38 and 39 of Ezekiel describe an invasion of Israel which is stopped by divine intervention. There is disagreement among Bible students about when this invasion will take place. Some think it is a description of the final battle at Armageddon; some think it will take place earlier, perhaps before the beginning of the tribulation. In the Left Behind series it takes place even before the rapture of the church.

The Bible tells us that at some time in the future there will be an event called the rapture, in which all Christians, living and dead, will be removed from the earth.
          For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
          1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 ESV

At some subsequent time a world leader will make a seven year treaty with Israel which will enable them to resume the system of sacrifices commanded in the Old Testament. This begins a period of time called the Tribulation. Such a treaty would obviously require the agreement of the Muslim countries surrounding Israel because a Muslim shrine now occupies the site of the temple.

Then in the middle of the seven years this leader will reveal his true nature by ending the sacrifices and demanding that he be worshiped.
          And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering.
          Daniel 9:27 ESV

The man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
          2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 ESV

One reason Israel’s enemies don’t unite for an all out attack is Israel’s alliance with the United States. They are afraid that if they go to war with Israel they will end up at war with the US as well.
          What about the fact that many of these muslim countries DON'T want a war. They don't want bloodshed nor innocent people dying because thats what happens in war.

Many Muslims are convinced that God wants them to destroy Israel and the Jews. This belief makes them totally unwilling to consider making any kind of peace with Israel. But what would happen if they attack Israel and are defeated by what is clearly an act of God? The shock of this event might make them question the truth of their beliefs. The final result might be a willingness to abandon their determination to destroy Israel and to agree to a peace treaty.
          So I have a few questions. Do Muslims want ALL jews destroyed, including jewish children, women, elders, innocent civilians???

What has Israel done to convince the Muslim world that they are NOT occupying the palestenians?

So You believe that if Muslims and the state of Israel would go to war that God would assist the Israeli army in defeating the muslims? I find it amusing that when Israel is at war with hamas, the amount of civilians that are killed is usually in the thousands with probably 98% of them being palestenian civilians killed by israeli gun fire or air strikes, seems like the 2nd most powerful military in the world is quite careless...

Comment

What about the fact that many of these muslim countries DON'T want a war. They don't want bloodshed nor innocent people dying because thats what happens in war.
            I think it is likely that most people in all countries don't want war but wars still happen.

So I have a few questions. Do Muslims want ALL jews destroyed, including jewish children, women, elders, innocent civilians???
            Most Muslim probably don't care but they aren't the ones in control.

What has Israel done to convince the Muslim world that they are NOT occupying the palestinians?
            When Israel became a nation it gave full citizenship to all those living in its borders, whether they were Jews or Arabs.

So You believe that if Muslims and the state of Israel would go to war that God would assist the Israeli army in defeating the muslims? I find it amusing that when Israel is at war with hamas, the amount of civilians that are killed is usually in the thousands with probably 98% of them being palestenian civilians killed by israeli gun fire or air strikes, seems like the 2nd most powerful military in the world is quite careless...
            Palestinians have deliberately put their own civilians in danger by launching rockets from heavily populated areas. This meant that the Jews could not destroy the rocket launchers without killing civilians.
            Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
              I think it is likely that most people in all countries don't want war but wars still happen.
              That wasn't my point. I think a good amount of muslim countries don't want war nor participate in war. In fact, its the west that has started a good amount of wars and invaded muslim countries.

Most Muslim probably don't care but they aren't the ones in control.
              Firstly, you didn't answer my question, this is an evasion. Secondly, quote me ONE Islamic leader that is in power that said ALL (and this includes women and children) jews should die. Thirdly, who are you to speak for "most muslims" and their opinion that they don't value innocent lives.

When Israel became a nation it gave full citizenship to all those living in its borders, whether they were Jews or Arabs.
              Funny, it still occupies Gaza which is NOT Israel. It dictates what can go in and what can go out of Gaza. Even during a battle I believe it was in 2006, the red cross said that Israeli soldiers were denying them the chance to help the wounded Palestenians.

Palestinians have deliberately put their own civilians in danger by launching rockets from heavily populated areas. This meant that the Jews could not destroy the rocket launchers without killing civilians.
              Umm...No, do you just accept the rhetoric that's been told on the news and not fact check it at all. What Israel was doing was collective punishment and that's illegal. By your definition, for example, if the US launched a missile into north korea and then north korea wiping out all of california and saying "well its the US fault for launching a missile on our grounds, we are just defending ourselves."

To Quote the UN High Commisioner on this matter:

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay expressed alarm at the Israeli military operations as well as the indiscriminate firing of rockets from Gaza into Israel. "For its part, the Government of Israel must take all possible measures to ensure full respect for the principles of distinction, proportionality and precautions in attack, during the conduct of hostilities, as required by international humanitarian law. In all circumstances, they must avoid targeting civilians," she said. In light of "deeply disturbing reports that many of the civilian casualties, including of children, occurred as a result of strikes on homes," Pillay continued, "serious doubt [has been raised] about whether the Israeli strikes have been in accordance with international humanitarian law and international human rights law."

Comment

That wasn't my point. I think a good amount of muslim countries don't want war nor participate in war. In fact, its the west that has started a good amount of wars and invaded muslim countries.
                When Muhammad gained power he began expanding Islam through force and after he died this policy was carried on by his successors. That is the reason Muslims control so much of Africa and the Middle East today.

Thirdly, who are you to speak for "most muslims" and their opinion that they don't value innocent lives.
                The actions of the Islamic State when they take control of any territory shows how they feel about innocent lives.

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay expressed alarm at the Israeli military operations as well as the indiscriminate firing of rockets from Gaza into Israel.
                The rockets were fired from heavily populated areas so the Israelis could not attack the sites without killing innocent civilians.
                Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

When Muhammad gained power he began expanding Islam through force and after he died this policy was carried on by his successors. That is the reason Muslims control so much of Africa and the Middle East today.
                  Actually Muhammad did not expand through force, and there are many verses in the Quran that show that Islam is not to be spread by force. Let me ask you something, is it ever justifiable any faith should spread by force?

The actions of the Islamic State when they take control of any territory shows how they feel about innocent lives.
                  Wow. I clearly said who are you to speak about "most muslims" and you connected that with ISIS? Seriously dude! Most Muslims DETEST ISIS and in fact to much of your dismay do you know who the people are that are fighting ISIS on the ground? Do you know what a majority their religion is? Its MUSLIMS. So if anything you should be thanking Muslims for killing members of ISIS and keeping them away from your homeland.

The rockets were fired from heavily populated areas so the Israelis could not attack the sites without killing innocent civilians.
                  Even the UN disagrees with you. Did you know during the last battle with palestine, Israel didn't want the UN to investigate? Seems like they want to hide something. But I can't believe you are defending collective punishment. This is the second best military in the world supposedly, they can be more careful. And as I gave you the example, of north korea which you clearly evaded. Wouldn't it suck if your family was caught in the middle of a war, I'm sure you would like the opposing army, especially if they are "God's chosen people" to be a bit more careful and compassionite with innocent civilians.

Comment

Actually Muhammad did not expand through force,
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Hmm...quite amusing, lets see if you laugh at this:

Deuteronomy 13:12-17

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[b] both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt, 17 and none of the condemned things[c] are to be found in your hands.

I wonder if you will be laughing at your own book...

Comment

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[b] both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt, 17 and none of the condemned things[c] are to be found in your hands.

There is certainly nothing in these verses to laugh at, but what do they have to do with the topic of this thread?
                        Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

There is certainly nothing in these verses to laugh at, but what do they have to do with the topic of this thread?
                          I stated that Muhammad did not spread the religion by the sword, and Bill the Cat decides to laugh at my statement, so I decided to really show him which religion spread by the sword and didn't allow for freedom of beliefs.

Comment

I have no doubt that the Holy Land was conquered at God's behest, and many people died as a result. Why is Islam so afraid to acknowledge that same belief?
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I stated that Muhammad did not spread the religion by the sword, and Bill the Cat decides to laugh at my statement, so I decided to really show him which religion spread by the sword and didn't allow for freedom of beliefs.
                              If you really think Muhammad didn't spread Islam by war, then you are exactly the troll others believe you to be.

Source: http://www.historynet.com/muhammad-the-warrior-prophet.htm

The idea of Muhammad as a military man will be new to many. Yet he was a truly great general. In the space of a single decade he fought eight major battles, led eighteen raids, and planned another thirty-eight military operations where others were in command but operating under his orders and strategic direction. Wounded twice, he also twice experienced having his positions overrun by superior forces before he managed to turn the tables on his enemies and rally his men to victory. More than a great field general and tactician, he was also a military theorist, organizational reformer, strategic thinker, operational-level combat commander, political-military leader, heroic soldier, and revolutionary.

In his thinking and application of force Muhammad was a combination of Karl von Clause*witz and Niccolo Machiavelli, for he always employed force in the service of political goals. An astute grand strategist, he used non*mili*tary methods (alliance building, politi*cal assassination, bribery, religious appeals, mercy, and calculated butchery) to strengthen his long-term position, sometimes even at the expense of short-term military considerations.

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X