Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 11/20/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 11/20/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Remember?

Have you ever wondered why the Holy Spirit keeps bringing us back to certain bible passages from time to time? I do. This morning during my devotional time while reading “Grace for the Moment” by Max Lucado the reading for today ended with. “Run to Jesus. Jesus wants you to go to him. He wants to become the most important person in your life, the greatest love you’ll ever know. He wants you to love him so much that there’s no room in your heart and in your life for sin. Invite him to take up residence in your heart.” No sooner had I finished when I found myself reading, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28, ESV)

As I write these words I am sitting in our living room wearing a heavy sweater because of a dead furnace and thanking God it’s not twenty below zero with a twenty mile hour north wind. I am not real cold it’s more of an inconvenience and frustrating than anything. It’s frustrating because it is supposed to be warm in here not chilly. There are times when life is like that, life like our house is supposed to be warm not chilly but there are days when life does get a little chilly (and sometimes darn-right cold).

Ever have one of those days when it seems like your source of heat is absent? I am sure you have and I am sure at one point while you were shivering you asked Jesus for help and he gave you the Holy Spirit to warm you up. Isn’t it wonderful Jesus knows what you need when you need and he’s always ready to tap you on the shoulder and say, “Remember ________________, and ___________________?”

If your life is a little chilly or darn-right cold right now remember Jesus is waiting for you to ask for help so he can send you the Holy Spirit who will warm you warmer than a cup of hot chocolate (with a marshmallow)!

BE strong in the LORD!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10, ESV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you’d like some inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked ESV "Are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

Amen Gary!!! Just what I needed to hear right now.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X