Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Celebrating Christmas

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibleuser View Post
    Insults normanly show lack of reason and logic and substance in one points on making an argument.
    Sad.
    BU
    They can also work effectively alongside an argument. See many of Jesus' responses to the Pharisees. He was pretty harsh with them, but He also showed far more reason than them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And you JWs won't even do that! You just pass the cup and bread down the row once a year and won't partake of it because you don't think you are one of 144,000.

That is really sad.
    Thank you for sparing me the time in writing this also.
    [I]f what you have heard from the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. The one who has the Son has the life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. (1 Jn 2.24; 5.12, LEB)

<https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Farewell. (Sat., 24 Mar. 2018)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And you JWs won't even do that! You just pass the cup and bread down the row once a year and won't partake of it because you don't think you are one of 144,000.

That is really sad.
    Okay, dumb question - what DO they think they are?

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Okay, dumb question - what DO they think they are?
    The 144,000 will supposedly be in "heaven" the remaining "faithful" will be relegated to the New Earth.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

5. Amen The Remonstrant amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    The 144,000 will supposedly be in "heaven" the remaining "faithful" will be relegated to the New Earth.
    At least if they were Mormons the could be gods of their very own worlds.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

7. Amen Jedidiah, Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yep, the 144K rule in heaven with God, while the rest of humanity is resurrected and lives on the New Earth in "Paradise" for 1000 years, until Satan is released to tempt mankind again. After that those who are not faithful on earth will be destroyed. The 144K are from all people from the time of Christ to the present. So you can imagine there are not many left. They used to teach that the last of the 144K were born in 1914 which was what Russell taught was the "spiritual Armageddon" when Christ began his reign in the Kingdom and that the end on earth would happen before that generation perished. They have since dropped that teaching since most of that generation has already died and nothing has happened yet. (they preached various Armageddon times in the past which kept failing.)

9. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    O....kay, and that means not taking Communion how, exactly?

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    O....kay, and that means not taking Communion how, exactly?
    You will have to ask them. My guess is they think only the 144,000 are entitled to take communion, but I do not know. This is an area I have never investigated. I have looked at the JWs to a degree since my parents were/are JW.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You will have to ask them. My guess is they think only the 144,000 are entitled to take communion, but I do not know. This is an area I have never investigated. I have looked at the JWs to a degree since my parents were/are JW.
    Basically only the 144K are "saved" by Jesus' sacrifice. The rest have to earn salvation by following the rules, being good Christians and even after that, they have to pass a test 1000 years after Jesus returns. Basically everyone who is not wicked is resurrected, and everyone lives under Jesus' and the 144K's rule on earth. Then 1000 years later the devil is released to tempt mankind again. Those who pass the test get to live forever on New Earth in Paradise. The rest are destroyed.

Last edited by Sparko; 12-28-2017 at 12:50 PM.