Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Things you wouldn't think you'd start doing in middle age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I did not start keeping bees until I was 40.
    So, you're a relative novice!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My granddaughter takes ballet. It's fun to watch and I'm amazed at the gracefulness of the moves. I look like a dork dancing anything. But at age 60 I began taking guitar lessons. I'm at year three now. I'm studying theory, blues, jazz, and classical.
      Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
        My granddaughter takes ballet. It's fun to watch and I'm amazed at the gracefulness of the moves. I look like a dork dancing anything. But at age 60 I began taking guitar lessons. I'm at year three now. I'm studying theory, blues, jazz, and classical.
        But can ya play C, F and G7?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

I started square dancing even later than bee keeping.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I started square dancing even later than bee keeping.
              I thought you wuz a Christian!

Comment

A few times we danced in the "fellowship hall" of a local church. Dancing is okay if it is square.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

A few times we danced in the "fellowship hall" of a local church. Dancing is okay if it is square.
                  Same with cornbread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Same with cornbread.
                    Cornbread is okay in any shape so that does include square, eh?

Comment

I just turned 50 and I have never been married. I've always wanted to get married and start a family but alas I have been sick since 2002 with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Celiac Disease, and a host of gastro intestinal issues... coupled with the consequences of many years of smoking marijuana, doing cocaine, meth', acid, partying and the like have all taken their toll on me. I forced myself to go work out at a local gym last night about 3 am in the morning.
                      My main focus at this time is to keep filling myself with God's Word so I can make no room for the things of the past and move forward and look forward to what God has for me in the future. I am trying to develop a vision and a plan to carry out that vision. But it is very hard when your sickness speaks louder than God's solution. .
                      There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Kott View Post
                        I just turned 50 and I have never been married. I've always wanted to get married and start a family but alas I have been sick since 2002 with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Celiac Disease, and a host of gastro intestinal issues... coupled with the consequences of many years of smoking marijuana, doing cocaine, meth', acid, partying and the like have all taken their toll on me. I forced myself to go work out at a local gym last night about 3 am in the morning.
                        My main focus at this time is to keep filling myself with God's Word so I can make no room for the things of the past and move forward and look forward to what God has for me in the future. I am trying to develop a vision and a plan to carry out that vision. But it is very hard when your sickness speaks louder than God's solution. .
                        I'm going to assume this is a serious post, and add you to my prayers.

Comment

I have not eaten gluten since 1976 because of Celiac Disease, but nevertheless got IBS later. The antidepressant drug Nortriptyline is the best thing I have found for irritable bowel disease.
                          Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                            I have not eaten gluten since 1976 because of Celiac Disease, but nevertheless got IBS later. The antidepressant drug Nortriptyline is the best thing I have found for irritable bowel disease.
                            Thank you for that information Adam.
                            I have a full bottle of Bentyl upstairs but do not take it because it gives me bad headaches. I even talked myself into "trying it again" every couple years but the same effect happens. I've even used medical marijuana [I have a license] with good results but unfortunately I cannot have it here because my step-dad has guns in the house... his house.
                            There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

Even better for my IBS is eating white rice with every meal for the soluble fiber.
                              Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Librax seems to deal with my IBS.
                                No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X