Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

T.B. Joshua/Emmanuel TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
    Miracles have not ceased. Just tongues. The spoken prophecy and the spoken word of knowledge have been down away. That is why tongues ceased. God saving a person is a miracle (Romans 1:16).

Miracles by a spoken prophecy has ceased.
    The link below quotes scripture to argue that tongues have ceased.

Tongues Have Ceased

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldo View Post

Tongues Have Ceased
      The misuse of scripture on that page is fascinatingly impressive and sad at the same time...
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Tongues Have Ceased
        Argument by weblink.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Tongues Have Ceased
          The site is 3 point Calvinist (TULIP). Total depravity, Unconditional election, Limited atonement. (A type of hyperCalvinism)
          They reject Irresistible grace, and Perseverance of the saints[believers](Once Saved Always Saved)

For the record, while I am not a Calvinist, my viewpoint can be described as 2 point Calvinist(TULIP).
          Total depravity & Perseverance of the saints[believers](Once Saved Always Saved)
          I am a cessationist (a partial cessionist). Not all Christians are cessationist when it comes to the gifts of the Spirit.
          Last edited by 37818; 11-29-2015, 06:26 PM.
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Um, no they haven't.
            Not all Christians are cessationist when it comes to the gifts of the Spirit.
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Argument by weblink.
              . . . and by youtube.

Evidently, the video is a prophecy of the Paris terrorists attacks. If one take the position that prophets have ceased to exist sometime ago then the video does not demonstrate a prophetic word. On the other hand if God continues to use prophets in this present age then the possibility remains that this is evidence of a prophetic word. The other option of course is that this was all mere coincidence.

Comment

. . . and by youtube.

Evidently, the video is a prophecy of the Paris terrorists attacks. If one take the position that prophets have ceased to exist sometime ago then the video does not demonstrate a prophetic word. On the other hand if God continues to use prophets in this present age then the possibility remains that this is evidence of a prophetic word. The other option of course is that this was all mere coincidence.
                A video after the fact and a claim is no proof of prophecy.

Produce a prophecy before the event. Then we'll see.

Deuteronomy 18:22,
                . . . When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Comment

The New Testament not only documents healings, prophecy and miracles but also deliverance. Another man of God, John Chibwe, demonstrates this ministry in the following video.

Last edited by arnoldo; 12-02-2015, 09:31 PM.

Comment

The New Testament not only documents healings, prophecy and miracles but also deliverance. Another man of God, John Chibwe, demonstrates this ministry in the following video.

Chibwe is prophecying an attack by a suicide bomber somewhere in France. Did he give any date as to when this will happen? Or in what city?
                    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                      Chibwe is prophecying an attack by a suicide bomber somewhere in France. Did he give any date as to when this will happen? Or in what city?
                      Let me correct myself. That was the TB Joshua video. I got the two mixed up. Still, he was stating a fact that there were foreigners ("strange people") in France (which is true of many nations in Europe and USA as a result of recent migrations and refugees), and that they should pray about them. He doesn't predict, but only suggest, suicide bombers. So far there were none. Nor does he give dates or mention what city.

And if God were to declare a prophecy such as this, wouldn't it be associated with a condemnation of sin and a call to repentance? Otherwise, it is nothing more than tabloid trash.
                      When I Survey....

Comment

LAGOS – Nigerian preacher TB Joshua and two contractors facing trial for criminal negligence over a church building collapse that killed 116 worshippers have gone missing soon after court proceedings commenced. The three were no where to be found at court on Monday, prompting the judge to adjourn the case.
                        The case at the Lagos high court followed a coroner’s ruling in July that blamed Joshua’s Synagogue Church of All Nations (Scoan) and two engineers for the September 12, 2014 tragedy.

Most of the victims were South African.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And he couldn't have prophesied the building collapse?
                          When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                            And he couldn't have prophesied the building collapse?
                            Ask Job. . . or his accuser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enWmBF9YgTY&t=13m49s

Comment

"Lucifer" himself has nothing better to do than to possess a random African woman...

"I am the terror by night", huh?

That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

None of these latter day healers seem to be able to go into the hospital and heal people in an objectively observable situation.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X