Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

T.B. Joshua/Emmanuel TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
    OK. There are some points of disagreement. Does Daniel endorse the so-called ministry of T. B. Joshua?
    I have no idea whether Dr. D.K. Olukoya endorses T.B. Joshua however their ministries appear to be somewhat similar.
    Friend,
    I have a question for you. If you were to explain salvation to another person, what would you explain as to how one could know for sure without a doubt one was saved and upon death would go to be present with the Lord?
    That is a good question. . .I would probably use scripture such as John 3:16 to explain salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldo View Post
      Would you kindly check the statement of faith of another pastor in Lagos, Nigeria?

Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya's- Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries
      It's chock full of spiritual snobbery, extra-biblical nonsense, and outright heresy.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Matthew 5:11
        Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
        Considering that what I said was not false, this verse doesn't apply to T.B.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Emmanuel!

Comment

That is a good question. . .I would probably use scripture such as John 3:16 to explain salvation.
            OK. But what what would you explain?
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

OK. But what what would you explain?
              Isn't scripture sufficient for you? What do you think of the following sermon?

Comment

Isn't scripture sufficient for you? What do you think of the following sermon?
                It consists of simply repeating over again what the Bible says; it doesn't explain what it means.
                The brutal, soul-shaking truth is that we are so earthly minded we are of no heavenly use.
                Leonard Ravenhill

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/

Comment

Isn't scripture sufficient for you?
                  Oh, I know God's written word is sufficient. But not snips void of its meaning. And void of meaning explaining nothing. John 3:16 void of it meaning cannot help save anyone.

What do you think of the following sermon?
                  First, to me he is a false prophet since I am of the persuasion that the Apostle John who was given the prophecy of the book of Revelation was the last prophet give to the Body of Christ, Christ's church.

Now the truth that God is a metaphor for love does not explain how to abide in God.

Those who do not abide in God through His Christ shall perish (John 15:6).

Now again, what would you explain to another as to how to abide in God and to know that in death one will without a doubt be present with the Lord?

John 3:16 has parts to its message. Each part has a meaning. God so loved the world . . . How did God show this?
                  . . . that He gave his only begotten Son . . . How did God do that?
                  . . . that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life . . . . What is it to believe in Him? Believe what?

Explain this, how would you explain to someone who does not yet understand? How would you present it?
                  Jesus warned (Matthew 7:21-23).

Your "prophet" explained none of this. His message was empty.
                  . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

The thief on the cross didn't have to give (or receive) a theological explanation of his salvation in order to get Jesus's approval. IMHO, since Jesus is doing the healings in this ministry I would be cautious before speaking against it (Psalms 105:15).
                    Last edited by arnoldo; 11-27-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

First, to me he is a false prophet since I am of the persuasion that the Apostle John who was given the prophecy of the book of Revelation was the last prophet give to the Body of Christ, Christ's church.
                      See Ephesians 4:11

Comment

How many of these people healed were in the hospital with diagnosed ailments?
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          How many of these people healed were in the hospital with diagnosed ailments?
                          I dunno, but below is a link to three people who gained the ability to walk.

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_...eature%3Dshare

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_...eature%3Dshare

https://youtu.be/Lj4WtEfNADg

Comment

IMHO, since Jesus is doing the healings in this ministry I would be cautious before speaking against it (Psalms 105:15).
                            Jesus being behind the healings of T. B. Joshua's ministry is not obvious at all.

Comment

Comment

How about medical records instead of youtube videos? Benny Hinn has the same scam going on.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X