Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Frances Barber is right - Islamic extremism is changing London beyond recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the same thing happening in Spain (a former Islamic country)?

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldo View Post
      Is the same thing happening in Spain (a former Islamic country)?
      I'm not entirely familiar with Spain so I could be wrong but I did see something that stated that yes they are. Basically their a holiday that is celebrated in regards to the Moors conquering Spain in old times and it is considered "ill will" to speak out against this celebration despite it's origin.
      “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Demographically, England doesn't seem to be in any danger of being taken over according to the following data.

148px-UK_Religion_2011_Census.png
        "UK Religion 2011 Census" by James Brian Ellis - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...011_Census.png

Comment

Demographically, England doesn't seem to be in any danger of being taken over according to the following data.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11657[/ATTACH]
          "UK Religion 2011 Census" by James Brian Ellis - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...011_Census.png
          Well firstly those figures look dodgy since it's showing more than 50% of people as being Christian. In the UK? No chance. Try more like 10%

Secondly it's not about being taken over. As stated before it only takes 10 to 15 of those radicals to create an incident.

Thirdly, even the archbishop of Canterbury spoke a lot of nonsense indicating that we should have Sharia Law in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-Williams.html
          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
            Well firstly those figures look dodgy since it's showing more than 50% of people as being Christian. In the UK? No chance. Try more like 10%
            Nominally Christian is probably what they mean. Active Church goers are pretty thin on the ground. In our church most of the congregation are over 60, even 65. We have a few youngish couples who have joined, the majority of which are from immigrant or refugee communities ( 3 couples have joined in the last two years 2 of which are definitely immigrant. I am not sure about the third most recently joined couple but I suspect they too are immigrant). The Lord always has His people.

Originally posted by DO
            Secondly it's not about being taken over. As stated before it only takes 10 to 15 of those radicals to create an incident.
            Yes, this is true and the Left, because of their hatred of Christianity, have favoured any non-Christian community (my enemy's enemy is my friend) and have been only too quick to side with them in any matter or to help them elbow Christianity out - you know the usual shtick anything Christian causes offense and we must all bend over backwards to make sure other faiths can express themselves to the extent we have become a succor for terrorists who wish to harm people.

Originally posted by DO
            Thirdly, even the archbishop of Canterbury spoke a lot of nonsense indicating that we should have Sharia Law in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-Williams.html
            Yes this was Rowan Williams though I am not sure about the position of the current archbishop of Canterbury. It is a logical position when viewed in the context of our society, however the problem is with Islam in that it does not allow people to 'walk away' from it if they so wish.
            Last edited by Abigail; 11-27-2015, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
              Well it's the numbers you see. Even if you want to conclude that only 1% of Muslim are radical then the fact that the UK has a Muslim population of over 2,000,000 means that at least 20,000 are radicals. As noted by the attacks it only takes a group of 10 to 15 of those radicals to kill a few hundred people.

Please note that 1% figure is also a conservative estimate. I actually expect the % of radicals is probably higher than that. I've seen estimates that dictate we have probably over 200,000 radicals in the UK.
              We have about 3 million Muslims in the US, but most of them are still not as radical as yours are in the UK. I would say that "radical" is an open term. A better term I would use is fundamentalist or conservative Muslim. These are Muslims who think gays, apostates, and blasphemers should be stoned, and that Sharia law should be implemented, but aren't willing to kill for it. They may not blow a bus up themselves, or machine gun a crowd of concert goers, but they'd be sympathetic to other Muslim Jihadists who do. There seems to be a far less percentage of Muslims in the US who are like this than in the UK.
              Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11657[/ATTACH]
                Those numbers look outdated. Recent polls show a much lower percentage of Christians. Majorities in Canada, the UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, Czech Republic, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, Israel, Azerbaijan, Vietnam, South Korea, China & Japan are either not religious or convinced atheists:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...says-poll.html
                Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment