Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Frances Barber is right - Islamic extremism is changing London beyond recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frances Barber is right - Islamic extremism is changing London beyond recognition

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ognisable.html

Just five miles down the river from the Old Vic, where Frances Barber was insulted for her dress (a hate crime, had it been the other way round), a Channel 4 undercover team has spent the past year filming a secret cell of Islamist women who preach hatred of the UK and brainwash young girls into travelling to Syria. On Monday night, the shocking documentary, Isis: The British Women Supporters Unveiled, identified three individuals known on Twitter as Umm Saalihah, Umm L and Umm Usmaan.
    My friend from India (a Hindu) has apparently recorded this and he has asked me to watch it.

EDIT: Also read this part as well.

The C of E this week professed itself “bewildered” after its advertisement featuring The Lord’s Prayer was banned from the UK’s leading cinemas. The advert, which is wistful and really rather lovely, shows a selection of people – a farmer, a weighlifter, emergency workers, refugees, a primary school assembly – all saying one line of that heavenly prayer. It carries the simple hashtag: #justpray. Cineworld and Vue chains claimed that it “carries the risk of upsetting, or offending, audiences”.

I think it's time for me to think about getting out of the UK.
    Last edited by Darth Ovious; 11-25-2015, 06:19 AM.
    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
    Perhaps instead of leaving the UK you should become more active in sharing the gospel with the Muslims who live there. Remember that God is in control of what happens and he has a purpose in sending so many Muslims to live in the UK.
    The brutal, soul-shaking truth is that we are so earthly minded we are of no heavenly use.
    Leonard Ravenhill

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/

Comment

My friend from India (a Hindu) has apparently recorded this and he has asked me to watch it.
      I watched that on channel 4 and it might be available online if people search. The reporter was nervous when she was cornered in that room by the one woman and I am not surprised as I would have been too. I wonder if that woman really thought the reporter was a spy or if that was some way of sorting out those who will be told what they must do. I hope girls watching noted that woman's behaviour and know that is the type of stuff they will be subject to if they get involved with those kinds of people. I was also perturbed to hear she is a careers adviser in her day job. What kind of advice is she giving non-Islamic people. Biased surely.

Originally posted by Darth Ovious
      I did a thread on this "Hypocrisy?"

Comment

And go where? The whole West is morally crumbling.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Malta looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            Malta looks pretty good.
            The best thing to do is to move away from large population centers...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Excellent idea.
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Interesting. Is it really that bad in the UK? It seems that your Muslims are a lot more radical than ours in the US. I live in NYC in an area where there are quite a few Muslims, but there is little to no tension here that I am aware of. American Muslims seem to be much more liberal than UK Muslims. So what's going on in the UK?
                Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

LOL. Crumbling? Christianity dying doesn't = morally crumbling. Violence is declining overall on the long term. Standards of living are up. We live in a less sexist, less racist time than we did at pretty much any time in history. And religion is finally dying in the US. This is call for celebration! And you claim it is crumbling? I think not. You better back that up with an argument.
                  Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                    Perhaps instead of leaving the UK you should become more active in sharing the gospel with the Muslims who live there. Remember that God is in control of what happens and he has a purpose in sending so many Muslims to live in the UK.
                    Why don't YOU move to the UK and do so?

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                      Interesting. Is it really that bad in the UK? It seems that your Muslims are a lot more radical than ours in the US. I live in NYC in an area where there are quite a few Muslims, but there is little to no tension here that I am aware of. American Muslims seem to be much more liberal than UK Muslims. So what's going on in the UK?
                      I seemeth that Darth made it pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                        Unfortunately it's not my skill or talent. Not to mention if I do this then I will need back-up of some sort because as mentioned before you're likely to get landed into trouble in the UK for that sort of thing.
                        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Thailand, my wife is from there and I have family there. Yes their Muslim population is not any lower of a percentage but at least they've held onto their original Buddhist culture which acts as a counter balance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                            Well it's the numbers you see. Even if you want to conclude that only 1% of Muslim are radical then the fact that the UK has a Muslim population of over 2,000,000 means that at least 20,000 are radicals. As noted by the attacks it only takes a group of 10 to 15 of those radicals to kill a few hundred people.

Please note that 1% figure is also a conservative estimate. I actually expect the % of radicals is probably higher than that. I've seen estimates that dictate we have probably over 200,000 radicals in the UK.

Comment

Oh one other thing. I did watch the show last night.

It involved a Muslim girl going undercover to infiltrate these radical groups. I think the most daunting thing about it was the fact that the UK government were unwittingly giving them tax payers money in order to run these social programmes. Obviously they thought they were just funding a Islamic study centre but in fact they were funding a radical group within it's own country that wants to destroy it. All the more hypocritical when you think that they tell Muslims not to vote because they shouldn't be a part of the democratic process because Sharia law should be the only law and not man made law while at the same time receiving money from the freaking government of a democratic country.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Comment