Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bravest Mayor in Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings fears white people ...
    Every time I figure y'all have reached the city limits of your alternate reality, you build another palace in the air. Back here, in reality-land, he's saying he's not afraid of refugees.

Somebody had to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
      Every time I figure y'all have reached the city limits of your alternate reality, you build another palace in the air. Back here, in reality-land, he's saying he's not afraid of refugees.

Somebody had to say it.
      Yeah, we know what he was TRYING to say, he just said it in a really dumb way.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Tell that to the citizens of Paris when one of the terrorists either was or had obtained a refugee passport. He certainly managed to find the means to create terror after he fled Syria for "safety".

They didn't bring the suicide vests or assault weapons with them, which is what you said. Anyone posing as a tourist or refugee with contacts in a country has the ability to access what they need while they're there. The difference is that we're looking really really closely at 100k refugees (annual) and not so closely at 75 million tourists.

And laugh at me all you like. I am sure I am not the only offended tourist who has spent quite a bit of money in the US in previous years.
        Thanks, I intend to. Of all the things to get offended about, this is up there in rankings of dumb. Did Obama say Canadians were a threat? Did he say any country was a threat? Or did he just point out, quite rightly from a statistical standpoint, that it's more likely that a terrorist will come in under the guise of a tourist than as a refugee.

It's not as if Canada is even where people think terrorists might be coming in from. Most of Canada->US travel is for holidays/vacation, and quite a lot of it is NEXUS travel anyway.

Add us up and the big BO will be whining about where have all the tourist dollars gone.
        Add you all up and come up with no impact, more like.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, we know what he was TRYING to say, he just said it in a really dumb way.
          There's a lot to be said for letting yourself be outdone, every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
            There's a lot to be said for letting yourself be outdone, every once in a while.
            Go brush your hair!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Go brush your hair!
              he is just upset because the New York Times didn't pick up on the story.

Comment

Tell that to the citizens of Paris when one of the terrorists either was or had obtained a refugee passport. He certainly managed to find the means to create terror after he fled Syria for "safety".

And laugh at me all you like. I am sure I am not the only offended tourist who has spent quite a bit of money in the US in previous years. Add us up and the big BO will be whining about where have all the tourist dollars gone.
                Oh, sure, refuse to come visit me.

(You and the Poker of Cows, who sneaks into and out of town without telling me.)
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Oh, sure, refuse to come visit me.

(You and the Poker of Cows, who sneaks into and out of town without telling me.)
                  It might happen someday. Maybe when Trump is Prez.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah. Obama is pretty brave, too. Saying that there is more to fear from the influx of tourists that visits the States every year than from refugees.

Big risk there to tourist dollars, but the big BO is gonna take the risk.
                    For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

There's not that much of a difference between tourists and terrorists, they both start and end with "t" and "rists".

Comment

And laugh at me all you like. I am sure I am not the only offended tourist who has spent quite a bit of money in the US in previous years. Add us up and the big BO will be whining about where have all the tourist dollars gone.
                      Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                      Add you all up and come up with no impact, more like.
                      I'm sure you'll say the same thing after Mossy catches up with you with her PinTM.

Comment

This thread is just soooo full of win

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                          I'm sure you'll say the same thing after Mossy catches up with you with her PinTM.

Reports have been greatly exaggerated, etc etc.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

In other words, Canehdians are experts at psychological warfare/war propaganda? All the more reason to be careful then.

Comment

Comment

MC_006.jpg
                                Don't let this happen to Oregon

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment