Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Windows 10 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 update

Windows 10 interrupted my computer access tonight to provide its next wonderful update. The only problem is that this wonderful update left my wireless network access disabled. Actually it was sort of around but not doing much. Anyhow I went ahead and did a wonderful restore of the previous build so I could use my computer again.

I noticed briefly they were adding a few new things:
    Update to Money
    A wi-fi internet access listing of connections you can purchase, as available.
    Some Messsaging app --which probably requires something like internet access to be able to use.

good luck!

I finally chose to stay with 8.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I still prefer 7 over 10, but 10 over 8. But that's just me.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

I just came across a report that the new Windows 10 update can and will remove user installed programs without asking first.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/windows-10-s-fall-update-removes-user-installed-applications-without-asking.htm
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I did notice when upgrading Mr. mossy's compy to 10 from 8.1 that it uninstalled the AMD Catalyst Control Center, which I found a bit annoying. At least I was able to install it again via the HP Support Assistant, thankfully. We need Catalyst for shrinking down our TV screen to see the borders, which are otherwise hidden.
          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
            I recommend keeping 7, and not upgrading, because of the problems and headaches. There is no advantage to the 10 over 7. I just bought a new computer with 10, but that is the only way I would have 10.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

So far, not that impressed with 10. My wife and oldest son have upgraded to 10. I have upgraded a desktop of my own to 10, but I'm keeping my laptop at 7 until further notice...
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I had to upgrade from Vista to 8.1. Because I disliked 8.1 so much, I went ahead and upgraded to 10. 7 was still better IMO, but 10 isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  I had to upgrade from Vista to 8.1. Because I disliked 8.1 so much, I went ahead and upgraded to 10. 7 was still better IMO, but 10 isn't bad.
                  I have had the opportunity use ten for several weeks now. The graphics changed and a few bells and whistles added, but no advantage over 7. 8.1 was not good from the beginning, and the reason for 10. The problem is also with Microsoft word processing software where there has no real improvement for years, but they lock people into upgrading to make money. There is a way to install the 2010 Office so you do not have to renew it. You will have to check with your local private guru wizard to have it done.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                    Yeah, EGGzackly! (Though I never experienced 8 - just had friends who hated it - kinda like Dos 4 or Windows Millenium)
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment