Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

PP Clinic Shooting in Colorado Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PP Clinic Shooting in Colorado Springs

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...officials-say/

Article may be trying to connect the incident to a group who released hidden videos of PP workers. We shall see.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

This is thread in a non-debate area. Just noting that for any pro-choicers who might be tempted to reply here. Don't mess with our Safe Space.

Assuming the shooter is indeed a pro-life activist of some sort (forgive the smugness of this caveat, but we may recall that a bizarre recent bomb scare in a Wichita abortion clinic was in fact the fault of someone who was there to apply for a job), I'll say without hesitation that the use of violence undermines the pro-life movement.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      This is thread in a non-debate area. Just noting that for any pro-choicers who might be tempted to reply here. Don't mess with our Safe Space.

Assuming the shooter is indeed a pro-life activist of some sort (forgive the smugness of this caveat, but we may recall that a bizarre recent bomb scare in a Wichita abortion clinic was in fact the fault of someone who was there to apply for a job), I'll say without hesitation that the use of violence undermines the pro-life movement.
      Yes, clearly and unequivocally, many of us will denounce the violence as wrong.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Anybody here from Colorado Springs or thereabouts? My recollections are decades out of date, but I do recall Centennial....

Comment

Possibility, from MSNBC, that this was a bank robbery gone bad, and the shooter sought refuge in the PP building - so, it's unknown, as yet.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Eight people are reported to be hospitalized. Cops are either in a shootout or had it already at the PP. My info is a little muddy on that.

Comment

Ok...I found a map of the city. Centennial is in the more western part of the city so I'm not too familar with that area...and anyway my knowledge is very outdated. In my day, Widefield-Security was just Widefield.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Yes, clearly and unequivocally, many of us will denounce the violence as wrong.
                I think that the overwheming majority would denounce it. There will, of course, be outliers and they need to be repudiated as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like the active shooter is contained in the PP building, with 4 police officers and multiple citizens injured. According to police spokesperson, it's not clear that what the PP involvement is.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loca...ting/76454812/

UPDATE: 3:08 p.m.: UCHealth Memorial Hospital has received three patients and say they are preparing to potentially care for additional patients.

Colorado Springs Police say they have not released the name of any possible suspects in connection with the shooting. The scene is still active and roads are still closed.

A White House official says President Obama has been notified of the shooting by Homeland Security Advisor Lisa Monaco.

UPDATE: At 3:00 p.m, Penrose-St. Francis Health Services tweeted that they have received five patients. Reporter Chris Vanderveen says there are 13 ambulances on standby near the scene.

UPDATE: At 2:40 p.m., Colorado Springs Police say four officers have been hurt by a "long gun." It is still unclear how many civilians have been hurt.

UPDATE: At 2:34 p.m., Colorado Springs Police say "We are trying to stabilize the situation now."

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I think that the overwheming majority would denounce it. There will, of course, be outliers and they need to be repudiated as well.
                    Yeah, I didn't want to get to carried away, but I'd think only the Westboro mindset.....

Comment

That's maybe the third time I've heard of the President being told of a shooting. I wonder what criteria is used to decide which one of the many shootings he hears about. If it's all of them, I would think that would explain his mood sometimes.

just saying. No debate asked for on this point.

Comment

The Christians did it.
                        http://twitchy.com/2015/11/27/more-w...mpaign=twitter
                        Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

It does appear it was pre-planned as there are supposed to be some propane-like devices that he left about.

Of course they might just be harmless clocks (sorry, I couldn't resisticate)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                            You can not expect reason from some folks.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              That's maybe the third time I've heard of the President being told of a shooting. I wonder what criteria is used to decide which one of the many shootings he hears about. If it's all of them, I would think that would explain his mood sometimes.

just saying. No debate asked for on this point.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X