Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

PP Clinic Shooting in Colorado Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Basically, a rifle is any long gun with spiraled grooves in the barrel that causes the projectile to spin, giving it a better ballistic flight (shoots straighter). A shotgun, on the other hand, has a "smooth bore", and the range and accuracy are not as good. Folks in the media will often refer to any "assault type looking weapon" as an AK-47, or simply an "assault weapon".

The key is that it can fire multiple rounds quickly from a magazine (often referred to as a "clip") that allows more bullets fired than a standard pistol would accommodate.

What's interesting is that several witnesses report that the gunman aimed at them, fired multiple rounds, but didn't hit them - with a cold blank stare. If he had been in his right mind (as much as that's possible on a killing spree) and wanted mass carnage, he could have killed far more people than he did.

It's strange.
    AKs have a deserved reputation for reliability but aren't the most accurate firearms out there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      AKs have a deserved reputation for reliability but aren't the most accurate firearms out there.
      You're kinda making the opposition point. Enclosed area + large number of people + reliability + high rate of fire = who cares about accuracy?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        You're kinda making the opposition point. Enclosed area + large number of people + reliability + high rate of fire = who cares about accuracy?
        From what it appears, this shooter didn't seem overly concerned about accuracy.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Here's a Reuters article about the shooter with claims that he said "no more baby parts". Details of his past are ... disturbing.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0TH05O20151129
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

From what it appears, this shooter didn't seem overly concerned about accuracy.
            Granted, so?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Granted, so?
              Goes to state of mind, yer honor. Several witnesses report he was just shooting, not actually aiming at individuals, but shooting in their general direction. It appears he was out of his head - so the "accuracy" of the weapon is not critical. And his criminal record (which shall be forthcoming) will indicate, I believe, he tortured and killed animals*, among other thinks indicating he was a sick individual. This wasn't just a "one day he decided to go avenge the deaths of innocent babies by abortionists"

*he appeared to have no regard for life, human or animal - hence, I sincerely doubt he was "anti-abortion".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And now it looks like PP is already trying to put a spin on this

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5658f9b1e4b072e9d1c1f5b6

Comment

Goes to state of mind, yer honor. Several witnesses report he was just shooting, not actually aiming at individuals, but shooting in their general direction. It appears he was out of his head - so the "accuracy" of the weapon is not critical. And his criminal record (which shall be forthcoming) will indicate, I believe, he tortured and killed animals*, among other thinks indicating he was a sick individual. This wasn't just a "one day he decided to go avenge the deaths of innocent babies by abortionists"

*he appeared to have no regard for life, human or animal - hence, I sincerely doubt he was "anti-abortion".
                  I'm dropping this now - we're talking past each other and this isn't the place to straighten it out - or debate it. I wasn't talking about the actual case.

Later!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    And now it looks like PP is already trying to put a spin on this

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5658f9b1e4b072e9d1c1f5b6
                    Anything to keep the money coming in.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I'm dropping this now - we're talking past each other and this isn't the place to straighten it out - or debate it. I wasn't talking about the actual case.

Later!

OK!

Comment

OK!
                        Well, she was speaking about gun control arguments in general, and this isn't really the place for that. You were talking about this specific case. So, for most of the time you weren't really talking about the same thing. That's how it looks to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          Well, she was speaking about gun control arguments in general, and this isn't really the place for that. You were talking about this specific case. So, for most of the time you weren't really talking about the same thing. That's how it looks to me anyway.
                          Silly me - I just ASSUMED it was about this thread!

No prob! Thanks, Brum.

Comment

Well...the suspect has a history of ....adverse .... relationships with women.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...9eb_story.html

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X