Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

PP Clinic Shooting in Colorado Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put this in Pro-life because I expect a lot of comments from the media about PP. Too early to know if it was about PP, but Seer did start one of his own so debate can go there.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

NYTimes is reporting 3 dead, including a police officer....

Source: NYT

COLORADO SPRINGS — A gun battle erupted inside a Planned Parenthood center here on Friday when a man armed with an assault-style rifle opened fire at the clinic and began shooting at officers as they rushed to the scene. The authorities reported that three people were killed, a police officer and two civilians, and nine were wounded before the suspect finally surrendered more than five hours after the first shots were fired.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

When will people learn that two wrongs do not make a right?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Police spokesperson:"We don't have any information on this individual's mentality, or his ideas or ideology," Buckley said.
            Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
              Police spokesperson:"We don't have any information on this individual's mentality, or his ideas or ideology," Buckley said.
              Meaning that it could just be a random violent nut? Is mrcurious allowed in here?

Comment

It appears he's mentally unstable. (And I don't mean by the picture - by comments made by authorities)

shooter.jpg

"I heard everyone in the lobby screaming 'Get down! Get down!' and then I saw a gunman walking with a shotgun just shooting randomly outside of Planned Parenthood," Kentanya Craion said after getting out of the building.

The gunman "seemed calm, but crazy," she added, describing the man in a hunter's jacket and hat as "mumbling and ranting while he was shooting."
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Mass shootings are bad(duh!), but is it accurate to call every mass shooting a terrorist attack?

Comment

Originally posted by mrcurious View Post
                    I'm not debating anything here, especially abortion, I am merely saying these terrorist attacks on american soil need to stop.
                    I was not implying that you were, just citing the guidelines in response to Christianbookworm's question.
                    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                      I was not implying that you were, just citing the guidelines in response to Christianbookworm's question.
                      Right! We have no clue if that guy is pro life or not. Actually, I have no Idea what that guy believes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        It appears he's mentally unstable. (And I don't mean by the picture - by comments made by authorities)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11667[/ATTACH]

"I heard everyone in the lobby screaming 'Get down! Get down!' and then I saw a gunman walking with a shotgun just shooting randomly outside of Planned Parenthood," Kentanya Craion said after getting out of the building.

The gunman "seemed calm, but crazy," she added, describing the man in a hunter's jacket and hat as "mumbling and ranting while he was shooting."
                        Hrm....not a likely candidate for bank robber, is he? Maybe one who thought he was.

Comment

Here's an interesting article that has a lot of individual reactions.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/29...ed=0EKkuCAUoBQ

NOTE: I had been going over the demographics on Colorado since a friend told me the crime rate was very high. I was disheartened to see that the area I had lived in was pretty bad. Considering all the shootings there, this most recent incident might not be targeted at PP....more likely PP was an excuse.

There is a lot of discussion on the weapon used on the news. I don't know...would you hold a AK type weapon the same way you would a rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            There is a lot of discussion on the weapon used on the news. I don't know...would you hold a AK type weapon the same way you would a rifle?
                            An AK is a rifle - just a fully (or semi) automatic one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              An AK is a rifle - just a fully (or semi) automatic one.
                              Ok. I don't know much about this obviously. Used to think a Howitzer was a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                                Ok. I don't know much about this obviously. Used to think a Howitzer was a firearm.
                                Basically, a rifle is any long gun with spiraled grooves in the barrel that causes the projectile to spin, giving it a better ballistic flight (shoots straighter). A shotgun, on the other hand, has a "smooth bore", and the range and accuracy are not as good. Folks in the media will often refer to any "assault type looking weapon" as an AK-47, or simply an "assault weapon".

The key is that it can fire multiple rounds quickly from a magazine (often referred to as a "clip") that allows more bullets fired than a standard pistol would accommodate.

What's interesting is that several witnesses report that the gunman aimed at them, fired multiple rounds, but didn't hit them - with a cold blank stare. If he had been in his right mind (as much as that's possible on a killing spree) and wanted mass carnage, he could have killed far more people than he did.

It's strange.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X