Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Active Shooter: A Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Shooter: A Christian?

So far nine are wounded, and given the MO - a Planned Parenthood office, I suspect that it is a Christian.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-respond...192211495.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

If the shooter does not claim any other faith it will by default be considered Christian. And it is only Christians who object to murdering babies isn't it?
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Let's not start speculating on the shooter until we actually hear a competent report. This is what I had complained about...not waiting on real facts.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

There are a couple rumors regarding the identity of the shooter but a positive ID has not been provided. While some conclusions can be logically inferred they along with everything else remains speculation

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Police convinced the suspect to surrender.
          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

A lone Christian (or not) shoots up a PP and the twitter feed goes mad. Pundits pundicate and there are serious discussions about the Crusades. Meanwhile, there are zero Islamic terrorists. It's just a group of militant murders who have hijacked a peaceful religion. That build clocks and vests and stuff.
            Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
              A lone Christian (or not) shoots up a PP and the twitter feed goes mad. Pundits pundicate and there are serious discussions about the Crusades. Meanwhile, there are zero Islamic terrorists. It's just a group of militant murders who have hijacked a peaceful religion. That build clocks and vests and stuff.
              If this is a Christian, watch for the full throated hypocrisy from the media...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                That isn't what I'm seeing in the MSM. MSM is making as big a deal of Islamic terrorism as I've ever seen since 911, and opportunist politicians all over the western world are already talking about more draconian legislation in the name of fighting terrorism. Maybe we're just not looking at the same media sources

But you're right in that liberal media networks are already salivating. This is going to be a huge political score for them -- both for pro gun control and "see what we told you about those prolife kooks" all in one shot.

Comment

I just read that three died. No word yet on the shooter's background or even his identity.
                  Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    If this is a Christian, watch for the full throated hypocrisy from the media...
                    No the hypocrisy is from everyone here not calling this a terrorist attack. Forget the person's religion, this was no doubt a terrorist attack by a radical extremist.

Comment

Anyone who is a true Christian isn't going to do something like this.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        Well I hope to respect that, and I hope when Muslims say ISIS aren't true muslims, and anyone who masks their agendas with religion gets exposed by the media and the public to be true terrorists and its not religion that's the issue but rather an excuse for these savages to try and commit their evil crimes.

Comment

I don't believe that at all - you are suggesting that a true Christian can not sin.

Comment

I think even "true Christians" can suffer mental problems and whack totally out - it's sad. I think they lose their way, not their Salvation.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I think even "true Christians" can suffer mental problems and whack totally out - it's sad. I think they lose their way, not their Salvation.
                              If they repent of what they've done, yes. Some of them don't.

Comment