Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Active Shooter: A Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irony meter: at how the left is Finally upset at killing at abortion clinics.
    Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Does Planned Parenthood even test for STDs or do pap smears?

Epic faceplant, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
        I did have examples in mind. Here's one.

Reckless, inflammatory, not to mention dishonest, speech:

At CNN debate, Carly Fiorina urges others to watch Planned Parenthood videos
        "I dare Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama to watch these tapes," she said on the stage at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library Sept. 16. "Watch a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking, while someone says, 'We have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.' "

Admittedly, the characterization is unpleasant, but it's not exaggerated, it's entirely relevant to this thread, and it needed to be said. We've got crazies with guns in this country, and no good way to separate them. It stands to reason we shouldn't be egging them on. Neither was the statement itself cherry-picked from the fringe. It was made during a prime-time presidential debate by a major candidate.

I'm not especially concerned with whether this particular shooter was Christian.

I am concerned that stopping by Planned Parenthood to get tested for STDs or a pap smear can put your life at risk. Security features at this location almost certainly saved lives, but they shouldn't be necessary. They are necessary because of reckless statements like the above.

This isn't theoretical. Those are honest to God dead bodies.

Show me dead bodies in the street that can be tied to equally reckless statements from someone equally influential on the left, and I'll join you in taking them to task, too.
        In a free society you will always be subject to loonies going over the top. If people truly believe that a view being stated is lies and mere rhetoric then they can respond to it so that hearers have a balanced view. If there is no response then that also tells you something. How many progressive lefties have used strategic times to get their views aired. I don't know about America but we see it all the time here.
        Some of the Left's rhetoric after the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan can be said to give justification to the terrorism we now see. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-beliefs.html

Comment

What seems to have set this particular nutcase off is the harvesting of fetal organs - which Planned Parenthood actually DOES; should THAT have been kept secret?
          Given that mid-to-late term abortion is legal, and hence fetal organs are available until/unless it becomes illegal, is it better to use those organs to save/improve the lives of others, or to discard them?

Roy
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Epic faceplant, dude.
            I'm asking because I don't know, and you probably do, dude. I'm guessing that's jerkese for "yes."
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Given that mid-to-late term abortion is legal, and hence fetal organs are available until/unless it becomes illegal, is it better to use those organs to save/improve the lives of others, or to discard them?

Roy
              It's better to not kill the "donor" for being conceived. If I were the parent of a baby who needed a transplant, and I knew the source of the organ needed was an aborted baby, I would have to think long and hard about what to do.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Roy
                ya because when the Germans killed all those Jews and it was legal, wouldn't it have been better to harvest all that gold from their teeth to improve the lives of others? And take their shoes too.
                Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

In other news the shooter appeared to the courts yesterday. Unlike many he was wearing a white restraint vest and appeared via skype from the jailhouse. Since he was not in the typical prison jumpsuit, From someone whose seen this close up, the vest is typical of someone whose on 24/7 psychiatric watch. If you look you can tell he's had a shower and a shave and appears less disheveled. His affect is still flat, he merely blinks a few times with a blank stare and said to the judge "no questions" suggesting that he's likely been medicated since he's been in prison. Also, all warrants and investigations are totally sealed until the court orders a release to the public, as it could actually jeopardize the investigation. So while there is no known "motive" and this is a closed investigation, its probably best under the circumstances as so little is known about who Dear is and his life.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

PP knows the shooter's motivation!

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Reuters) - Planned Parenthood said on Sunday that news reports that the gunman who attacked its Colorado health clinic had uttered "no more baby parts" during his arrest showed the suspect was motivated by an anti-abortion agenda.

The remark attributed to suspect Robert Lewis Dear was an apparent reference to Planned Parenthood's abortion activities and its role in delivering fetal tissue to medical researchers, a hot-button issue in the 2016 race for the presidency.

"We now know the man responsible for the tragic shooting at PP's health center in Colorado was motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortion," the organization said on Twitter.
                    http://news.yahoo.com/planned-parent...QDBHNlYwNzYw--
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      In other news the shooter appeared to the courts yesterday. Unlike many he was wearing a white restraint vest and appeared via skype from the jailhouse. Since he was not in the typical prison jumpsuit, From someone whose seen this close up, the vest is typical of someone whose on 24/7 psychiatric watch. If you look you can tell he's had a shower and a shave and appears less disheveled. His affect is still flat, he merely blinks a few times with a blank stare and said to the judge "no questions" suggesting that he's likely been medicated since he's been in prison. Also, all warrants and investigations are totally sealed until the court orders a release to the public, as it could actually jeopardize the investigation. So while there is no known "motive" and this is a closed investigation, its probably best under the circumstances as so little is known about who Dear is and his life.
                      My only "clarification" here would be on the "closed investigation" -- you stated it properly, but to many, that term means the investigation is over. Not the case - AS YOU STATED, there is, in effect, a gag order on all aspects of this case. The investigation is still "open", but "closed to the public". (Kinda odd)
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm asking because I don't know, and you probably do, dude. I'm guessing that's jerkese for "yes."
                        That would be the short version. The longer version goes like, "How in hell didn't you know that?" Abortion rights don't even make the top ten on my list of social and political issues. I'm getting the feeling that it's a bit higher than that for you, especially as it relates to PP.

And you don't know the number one service they provide? You don't even know they provide it?

That's ... whoa ... yeah ... faceplant ... epic.

I'm not being any kind of jerk pointing that out. You need to own that one.

Understand I am not going to be your tutor on PP. This is your issue. You do the homework. I'll talk about it, with you anyway, but don't even ask until you've done the remedial work, and then enough past that to bring something noteworthy to the table.

More of the same as this just won't do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          My only "clarification" here would be on the "closed investigation" -- you stated it properly, but to many, that term means the investigation is over. Not the case - AS YOU STATED, there is, in effect, a gag order on all aspects of this case. The investigation is still "open", but "closed to the public". (Kinda odd)
                          yeah that's what I meant. But I suspect its for safety reasons.
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That would be the short version. The longer version goes like, "How in hell didn't you know that?" Abortion rights don't even make the top ten on my list of social and political issues. I'm getting the feeling that it's a bit higher than that for you, especially as it relates to PP.

And you don't know the number one service they provide? You don't even know they provide it?

That's ... whoa ... yeah ... faceplant ... epic.

I'm not being any kind of jerk pointing that out. You need to own that one.

Understand I am not going to be your tutor on PP. This is your issue. You do the homework. I'll talk about it, with you anyway, but don't even ask until you've done the remedial work, and then enough past that to bring something noteworthy to the table.

More of the same as this just won't do.
                            Yes, you are being a condescending jerk, but that's okay. Planned Parenthood is most well-known for providing abortion services. Because they do that, I'm not especially interested in whatever else they happen to provide - and since I'm not sexually active, they have absolutely nothing to provide for me anyway. I know they don't provide mammograms, despite protesting that they'll be less available if PP loses funding. I wasn't asking you to be my tutor - I was only asking a simple question. "Yes" would have sufficed, and been much easier to boot.

sigpic

Comment

waitaminute...

thats not gonna help.

If one believes abortion murders a living human being, how is it going to help if an organization mostly provides std tests or cancer screenings ,

what?

you're going to say, sure , they murder babies , buts only a few??
                              To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                                ya because when the Germans killed all those Jews and it was legal, wouldn't it have been better to harvest all that gold from their teeth to improve the lives of others?
                                I think so.

I would hope that had I been in such a position - by being, for example, enslaved labour in a concentration camp - that if I could have extracted gold from the mouths of ten of the Nazi's victims before the Nazis got at it and used it to buy the life of the eleventh, I would have done so.

Apparently you would not.
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment