Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter: A Christian?

Faith
    Collectivist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post

The 378 specialized abortion clinics accounted for 21% of all abortion providers, but performed 70% of all abortions in 2008 (Table 4). Most of these facilities reported 1,000 or more abortions during the year.[/INDENT]

so the problem is low-information Christian terrorists' misdirected wrath.
    To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

2. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You're welcome. Again, I'm not especially interested in PP, or its services, and I'm quite aware their stats require processing. The STD/STI tests, for instance, are mostly associated with their cheap gyne exams, which are themselves almost entirely associated with their cheap contraceptives, which is what normal people think of when they think of planning their parenthood.

PP is a long way down the list of where women go when they're looking for an abortion. This is readily available information. It takes a bit more work to figure out where women actually go for abortion services.

Types of Providers and Abortion Caseloads

Clinics.

The 378 specialized abortion clinics accounted for 21% of all abortion providers, but performed 70% of all abortions in 2008 (Table 4). Most of these facilities reported 1,000 or more abortions during the year.

That's using a definition of specialty clinic distinguished as half or more services being abortions. That means ... not Planned Parenthood clinics.
    That means, by your own admission, PP clinics which focus on providing abortion services, which means ... PP clinics - just not all of them. I'm not a math wiz, but if 70% of abortions are performed at PP clinics, then they sort of have to rank at the top, yes?
    I'm gob-smacked that folks who are willing to go to the trouble of packing up the kids for a fun-filled day of terrorizing women going in for cheap birth control pills, which is mostly what you'll find inside a clinic, can be that oblivious about who it is they're shouting at.
    I've never had much inclination to picket anyplace, but I can't imagine that it would be much fun. This is also the first time I've heard the allegation that such people picket any old PP clinic, rather than focus on those which provide abortions (such information, presumably, being readily available). Maybe you could point me to information demonstrating that people regularly picket the wrong place.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Oskar Schindler got people out of Auschwitz by bribing the authorities with diamonds. Why would gold not also have worked?
    It might, if the gold could be melted down. Otherwise the source is sort of obvious.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    That means, by your own admission, PP clinics which focus on providing abortion services, which means ...
    None of them.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    PP is a long way down the list of where women go when they're looking for an abortion. This is readily available information. It takes a bit more work to figure out where women actually go for abortion services.
    Types of Providers and Abortion Caseloads
    Clinics.
    The 378 specialized abortion clinics accounted for 21% of all abortion providers, but performed 70% of all abortions in 2008 (Table 4). Most of these facilities reported 1,000 or more abortions during the year.
    That's using a definition of specialty clinic distinguished as half or more services being abortions. That means ... not Planned Parenthood clinics.
    You blew it in #112, OBP. The stats show clearly that 70% of abortions are NOT performed at Planned Parenthood. Nor does it say that the other 30% are all performed at PP.
    Last edited by Adam; 12-02-2015 at 10:13 PM.

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I find it super-hypocritical that the left makes such a big deal about the "anti-abortion rhetoric" being bad for violence against PP, but they basically gave Floyd Lee Corkins a pass when he shot the FRC headquarters after reading the hate speech of the SPLC

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

8. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Theologyweb's Official Grandfather
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I find it super-hypocritical that the left makes such a big deal about the "anti-abortion rhetoric" being bad for violence against PP, but they basically gave Floyd Lee Corkins a pass when he shot the FRC headquarters after reading the hate speech of the SPLC
    It is only hate speech if you are a conservative or a Christian. Advocating violence against police, for example, is for the most part ignored.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    It is only hate speech if you are a conservative or a Christian. Advocating violence against police, for example, is for the most part ignored.
    Pigs in a blanket - fry 'em like bacon..... but that's just funnin'.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I could "Amen" your post, Bill,
    But you throw alphabet soup at us. I can figure out 'Southern Poverty Law Center:, but "FRC"? Friends of the Revived Confederacy?

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I could "Amen" your post, Bill,
    But you throw alphabet soup at us. I can figure out 'Southern Poverty Law Center:, but "FRC"? Friends of the Revived Confederacy?
    Family Research Council

14. Amen Bill the Cat, Adam amen'd this post.