Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Bible UnWheeled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bible UnWheeled

As much as I appreciate the fact we're still able to attract the crazy as attested by the recent advent of a T.B. Joshua fan, it's clear we're heading downhill on both the quantity and the quality of our moon-howlers. Feeling a bit nostalgic, I went looking for the BibleWheel dude, only to discover ...
    I created this site on February 11, 2001 to share the Bible Wheel which I discovered in 1995. For over a decade I was completely convinced it was proof of the divine inspiration of Scripture. In late 2009 my wife and I began questioning our beliefs and have since left the faith. Oddly enough, the evidence for the Bible Wheel withstood our skepticism though the Bible itself did not. What it means remains a mystery. The mystery has been resolved. See my post Debunking Myself: What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been

Say it isn't true, Richard!

He's still Richard, still crazy, though arguably a bit less so now, but there's a wealth of new postings un-mining the fruits of his earlier mining.

Feel free to bring them back here.

High intelligence, obsession, and LSD. Not a good mix.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      High intelligence, obsession, and LSD. Not a good mix.
      Yeah, but Lao is still a cool dude
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Richard gives four general reasons for leaving the Christian faith.

1) The doctrine of an eternal hell.
        2) Biblical errance.
        3) Unanswered prayers.

The fourth he does not number but he refers to divisions among Christians, Catholic, the division among protestants.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
          Richard gives four general reasons for leaving the Christian faith.

1) The doctrine of an eternal hell.
          2) Biblical errance.
          3) Unanswered prayers.

The fourth he does not number but he refers to divisions among Christians, Catholic, the division among protestants.
          My rejection of traditional Christian faith is simple: The faith, and foundation doctrines and beliefs are not tenable, logical nor rational when based on ancient cananite and pre-Babylonian mythology. The scripture is also of weak provenance.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
            As much as I appreciate the fact we're still able to attract the crazy as attested by the recent advent of a T.B. Joshua fan, it's clear we're heading downhill on both the quantity and the quality of our moon-howlers. Feeling a bit nostalgic, I went looking for the BibleWheel dude, only to discover ...
            I created this site on February 11, 2001 to share the Bible Wheel which I discovered in 1995. For over a decade I was completely convinced it was proof of the divine inspiration of Scripture. In late 2009 my wife and I began questioning our beliefs and have since left the faith. Oddly enough, the evidence for the Bible Wheel withstood our skepticism though the Bible itself did not. What it means remains a mystery. The mystery has been resolved. See my post Debunking Myself: What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been

He's still Richard, still crazy, though arguably a bit less so now, but there's a wealth of new postings un-mining the fruits of his earlier mining.

Interesting. Last I'd checked, he was still promoting the BibleWheel thing, though he'd deconverted.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Yeah, but Lao is still a cool dude
              Who are you calling obsessive?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Interesting. Last I'd checked, he was still promoting the BibleWheel thing, though he'd deconverted.
                The debunking he did for himself looks suspiciously like the debunking that was done for him here. Maybe it's a flashback thing.

Comment

Who are you calling obsessive?
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I'm reminded again of the saying, "The answer to bad religion is not no religion but good religion."

When I see people who identify themselves as Christians but have some seriously messed up beliefs, it never surprises me to learn that they've "deconverted". This Bible Wheel fellow is, obviously, no exception. They spend so much time chasing after lies that they never see the truth, and when the lies inevitably crumble, they have no foundation to fall back on, and so, in the end, they renounce Christianity, although it's debatable if they were ever Christians to begin with.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What's a "moon-howler?"
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        What's a "moon-howler?"
                        A raving lunatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          What's a "moon-howler?"
                          Someone who belongs in the lunar bin.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                              That's so punny!
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment