Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion derail from the Active Shooter thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abortion derail from the Active Shooter thread

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    And it is only Christians who object to murdering babies isn't it?
    This is language likely to incite terrorism. Nobody is “murdering babies”.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    This is language likely to incite terrorism.
    Well, please try to constrain yourself.

Nobody is “murdering babies”.
    The purposeful death of an unborn innocent child is considered, by many, including me, to be murder.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      The purposeful death of an unborn innocent child is considered, by many, including me, to be murder.
      And they are babies who are murdered, not toddlers, or older kids, or adults.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

And they are babies who are murdered, not toddlers, or older kids, or adults.
        With modern technology, it's getting harder and harder to deny this. (not that we needed that 'proof' )
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If the shooter does not claim any other faith it will by default be considered Christian. And it is only Christians who object to murdering babies isn't it?
          Strange! I always thought "murdering babies" was against the law in most civilised countries, regardless of religion. I think you are referring to embryos, or fetuses. It's your sort of careless and emotionally charged language (e.g. "slaughtering millions of babies in the womb"), that inspires the less stable to go out and commit this sort of murderous behaviour against abortion clinics in the first place.
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Strange! I always thought "murdering babies" was against the law in most civilised countries, regardless of religion.
            Strange! That anybody would think that killing a baby is justified simply because it's safely inside its mother's womb.

I think you are referring to embryos, or fetuses.
            Nope. Babies. Unborn, but babies, nonetheless.

It's your sort of careless and emotionally charged language (e.g. "slaughtering millions of babies in the womb"), that inspires the less stable to go out and commit this sort of murderous behaviour against abortion clinics in the first place.
            Far more babies, on the order of millions, are killed by abortionists than abortionists killed by "the less stable", as you put it.

Comment

It's your sort of careless and emotionally charged language (e.g. "slaughtering millions of babies in the womb"), that inspires the less stable to go out and commit this sort of murderous behaviour against abortion clinics in the first place.
              Silly me, I thought attacks on abortion clinics had some sort of vague contention to....what was it again? Oh, right: baby killing.

I don't condone such attacks, but let's be honest about the reason abortion clinics are sometimes targeted.
              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Far more babies, on the order of millions, are killed by abortionists than abortionists killed by "the less stable", as you put it.
                As I've pointed out before. In a country with over four hundred million people, up until now you could only scrape together 8 murderers. Not 9, across a time period spanning nearly fifty years. If, as the liberals seem to want to say, the threat of Islamic terrorism against US civilians isn't really the great. Then the threat of Christian terrorism against abortion doctors, is a ridiculously miniscule threat.

And yet even though it is that, and Christians would be completely justified in just shrugging this off as a lone nutjob. We'll gladly step out to say that this was not an act we approve.

Comment

Strange! I always thought "murdering babies" was against the law in most civilised countries, regardless of religion. I think you are referring to embryos, or fetuses. It's your sort of careless and emotionally charged language (e.g. "slaughtering millions of babies in the womb"), that inspires the less stable to go out and commit this sort of murderous behaviour against abortion clinics in the first place.
                  Sort of like how it's the careless and emotionally charged language used by liberals (e.g. "unarmed Black people are being systematically slaughtered by police") that inspires the less stable to go out and assassinate police officers?

Ah, sorry, I forgot; it's only those on the right who are capable of creating an atmosphere of hatred and violence with the use of extreme, violent and/or charged language and rhetoric. My bad.
                  Last edited by CMD; 11-28-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Strange! That anybody would think that killing a baby is justified simply because it's safely inside its mother's womb.
                    Once again killing babies, or any other human being, is against the law in most places in the world. You are referring to embryos, or fetuses which, whilst potential human beings (and therefore not to be disposed of without careful consideration), are not in fact human beings. You're arbitrarily granting 'person-hood' status to entities that have not yet acquired that status.

Nope. Babies. Unborn, but babies, nonetheless.
                    Not so, a "baby" is defined as "an infant or very young child".

No "babies" are killed by abortionists at all...your language is emotional nonsense and demonstrably incites violence against the service providers at family planning clinics. Would you prefer a return to backyard abortions with wire coat-hangers, because this will be the outcome of your hysterical posturing?
                    Last edited by Tassman; 11-28-2015, 09:34 PM.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Once again killing babies, or any other human being, is against the law in most places in the world.

You are referring to embryos, or fetuses which, whilst potential human beings (and therefore not to be disposed of without careful consideration), are not in fact human beings.
                      Nope - that's only what you call them so you can feel better about killing them. Doesn't change the fact that they are babies.

You're arbitrarily granting 'person-hood' status to entities that have not yet acquired that status.
                      Nope - you're arbitrarily STEALING "person-hood' from a baby.

You can jack with definitions all you want, but when we stand before God, it's HIS definitions that count.

Comment

Not so, a "baby" is defined as "an infant or very young child"
                        I'll tell you what... go to any hospital that "delivers babies", and stand by as a doctor tells a young woman the heartbreaking news, "I'm sorry, but you've lost your baby". Step in and explain, "no, that wasn't a baby you carried for 7 1/2 months - it was just tissue - a fetus", and let me know how that works for ya. Tell me you wouldn't be seen as a cold heartless!@#$!^&!&. THAT, my friend, would be "careless and emotionally charged language".
                        Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-28-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I'll tell you what... go to any hospital that "delivers babies", and stand by as a doctor tells a young woman the heartbreaking news, "I'm sorry, but you've lost your baby". Step in and explain, "no, that wasn't a baby you carried for 7 1/2 months - it was just tissue - a fetus", and let me know how that works for ya. Tell me you wouldn't be seen as a cold heartless!@#$!^&!&. THAT, my friend, would be "careless and emotionally charged language".
                          You're forgetting about the mother's feelings, which define what "it" is and whether or not "it" has any worth. In this example, the woman in question clearly wanted "it," so therefore "it" would in fact be a valuable young human child and thus it would be wrong to call "it" "just tissue." In this case, the woman has tragically lost her precious young child.

It's only when the mother doesn't want "it" that "it" magically becomes a non-human parasitic clump of worthless cells that can be disposed of at will.
                          Last edited by CMD; 11-28-2015, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Once again killing babies, or any other human being, is against the law in most places in the world. You are referring to embryos, or fetuses which, whilst potential human beings (and therefore not to be disposed of without careful consideration), are not in fact human beings. You're arbitrarily granting 'person-hood' status to entities that have not yet acquired that status.

No "babies" are killed by abortionists at all...your language is emotional nonsense and demonstrably incites violence against the service providers at family planning clinics. Would you prefer a return to backyard abortions with wire coat-hangers, because this will be the outcome of your hysterical posturing?
                            Spin it as you will, the only difference between an embryo, a fetus, and a neonate is the age. They are all human offspring, born or unborn. The whole 'personhood' concept is purely made up. There is no magic moment when an embryo becomes a person. It is a person from the moment of conception. So babies are indeed being killed and, as as the the definition given is accurate, it is indeed murder in every way except legally.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Nope - that's only what you call them so you can feel better about killing them.
                              Only a psychopath would want to kill potential human beings for no good reason.

Doesn't change the fact that they are babies.
                              Nope they’re embryos or fetuses, not “babies”. Killing human beings is illegal and wrong.

Nope - you're arbitrarily STEALING "person-hood' from a baby.
                              “Babies” have person-hood, embryos/fetus’s don’t.

You can jack with definitions all you want,
                              You, not I, are the one “jacking” with definitions. Mine have come straight from the dictionary.

but when we stand before God, it's HIS definitions that count.
                              …except there are many Christians who disagree with your claimed inside knowledge about what the deity thinks and are pro-choice.

Comment