Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 12/01/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 12/01/2012

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Advent 2015: The Arrival…

We all know the story of the angels and shepherds the night of Jesus’ birth. We also know the shepherds took the invitation given them by the angels to heart and went to Jesus. “When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.” (Luke 2:15, ESV)

Today, this new December morning the invitation does not come from the angels but from Jesus himself. “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28, ESV) And there is not one of us alive who does not need the rest Jesus offers us. Here is my “I need Jesus’ rest story”.

Over the past 2 years I have enjoyed a relatively trouble free heart but now my doctor has found another blockage in at least one of arteries that supply blood to my heart so in 3 days I will have a heart catheterization to determine what is troubling my heart. When I find myself short of breath with an accompanying occasional pain in my chest I see them as an invitation to seek out Jesus as did the shepherds long ago.

In response to the invitation I pray, “Whom have I in heaven but you, LORD? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but YOU ARE the strength of my heart and my portion forever… But for me it is good to be near YOU; I have made the YOU, LORD my refuge, that I may tell of all your works.” (Psalm 73:25, 26, 28, ESV, adapted) and I put my life in Jesus’ hands and heart.

I tell you my story with the hopes that it will inspire you to think of your own “I need Jesus’ rest story” and respond to his invitation to, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” I can assure you, you will be blessed and perhaps the need will not go away but the rest Jesus gives you will support and strengthen you until whatever it is runs its course.

BE strong in the LORD!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10, ESV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you’d like some inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked ESV "Are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X