Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Student Unions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Student Unions?

If you can have black, or Latino or Asian student unions why not white student unions? Even if this is a hoax, is the concept racist in itself?

SO-CALLED white student unions are springing up at universities across Australia, charged with supporting and defending the interests of white students who they say are becoming marginalised from on-campus life and political debate.

At least seven unofficial unions have formed at rapid speed in the past week, claiming to represent students of European descent at the University of Queensland, the University of Southern Queensland, the University of Technology, Sydney, Macquarie University, Western Sydney University, the University of NSW and the University of Western Australia.
    However, there are allegations that the movement is in fact an elaborate attempt to troll universities and the media, by the likes users of online bulletin boards 4chan and 8chan.

If it is a hoax, it is a pretty sophisticated one, with members reaching out to news.com.au to share their views on the need to “advance our interests as white students”.
    The proliferation of white student unions follows a similar trend in the US, where groups have built considerable support on social media and many intend to establish an on-campus presence in the new year. However, this has also been dismissed as a hoax.
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...544784f1746b75
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Of course the concept is racist - just like all the other unions based on race.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Of course the concept is racist - just like all the other unions based on race.
      So you would say that a black student union was racist?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        So you would say that a black student union was racist?
        Is it a union based on race?
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Look I've had it with this crap, seer. If you have a club that's based on celebrating your heritage, and ancestral accomplishments, then so be it. It wouldn't really be necessary to do so if you hadn't had someone attempt to wipe you and yours off the map, or treat them like they were lower than dirt. Its not really okay for people to go around trolling and being provocative, and you walk that line a lot. I realize that there are many times when people push the line, and right now its a boiling point, but if you want to walk around and approve of jackassery than you are part of the problem, not the solution.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            Look I've had it with this crap, seer. If you have a club that's based on celebrating your heritage, and ancestral accomplishments, then so be it. It wouldn't really be necessary to do so if you hadn't had someone attempt to wipe you and yours off the map, or treat them like they were lower than dirt. Its not really okay for people to go around trolling and being provocative, and you walk that line a lot. I realize that there are many times when people push the line, and right now its a boiling point, but if you want to walk around and approve of jackassery than you are part of the problem, not the solution.
            Listen woman, I don't really care what you have had it with. This is a Civics board and this is a legitimate news stories. And I personally have offered no opinion either way on this story, but if I had my way we would never divide people by race. But there is a clear double standard, and your knee-jerk reaction just confirms that.

Comment