Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

I got a book with a 2016 copyright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a book with a 2016 copyright

I was at a conference in Georgia just before Thanksgiving and I ordered a book that i thought might help me reach a scholarly approach in my study, writing and speaking.
    The book is called Grad School Essentials -- A Crash Course in Scholarly Skills by Zachary Shore (University of California Press, 2016).

It is funny that the book has a copyright dated next year and i am thinking maybe this happened to get out earlier than they intended. But I'm also thankful to have found the book since I likely wouldn't have stumbled on it somewhere else. So it is good the book was available early on. (The booth for the Univ. of Calif. press had only single copies of books, not copies for people to grab.)

Proof of time travel. Aliens.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

I noticed this morning that Drudge Report is already using a 2016 copyright.
      When I Survey....

Comment

That means you still have one month to steal the info!

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          I was at a conference in Georgia just before Thanksgiving and I ordered a book that i thought might help me reach a scholarly approach in my study, writing and speaking.
          The book is called Grad School Essentials -- A Crash Course in Scholarly Skills by Zachary Shore (University of California Press, 2016).

It is funny that the book has a copyright dated next year and i am thinking maybe this happened to get out earlier than they intended. But I'm also thankful to have found the book since I likely wouldn't have stumbled on it somewhere else. So it is good the book was available early on. (The booth for the Univ. of Calif. press had only single copies of books, not copies for people to grab.)
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
            Proof of time travel. Aliens.
            Always on the alert for such things. MIB

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              I wondered when I would be in an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                I noticed this morning that Drudge Report is already using a 2016 copyright.
                Of course, Drudge gets the stories earlier than other people.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  Of course, Drudge gets the stories earlier than other people.
                  Monica would certainly agree with that.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X