Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Baha'i Faith - Satan and the ego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    ALL questions have been answered. It is your insistence on a hostile agenda that has colored our dialogue here and other issues concerning the Baha'ii Faith over time.
    Yet another ad hominem, and untrue; I have no hostility for the Baha'i faith or you.
    Last edited by robrecht; 12-15-2015, 12:09 PM.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

My personal religious beliefs lie somewere between the Bahaii,theSihk and the Unitarian views. I personally agree a great deal with this posts view of evil and satan.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Njoroge View Post
        My personal religious beliefs lie somewere between the Bahaii,theSihk and the Unitarian views. I personally agree a great deal with this posts view of evil and satan.
        That's funny, you told me you were closer to Gnostic Marcionite...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

What I relate too in Marcion is not entirely agreement with him. He saw the God of the Old testament as a separate entity from the one of the new testament. I on the other hand am very sceptical of the literal truth of the old testament. An example, I doubt that Noah had two of every animal on the ark. It seams like a myth that changed with the peoples imagination. Perhaps Noah existed ,but many myths older than the bible spoke of a great flood.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Njoroge View Post
            What I relate too in Marcion is not entirely agreement with him. He saw the God of the Old testament as a separate entity from the one of the new testament. I on the other hand am very sceptical of the literal truth of the old testament. An example, I doubt that Noah had two of every animal on the ark. It seams like a myth that changed with the peoples imagination. Perhaps Noah existed ,but many myths older than the bible spoke of a great flood.
            Liking what someone says does not mean you ascribe to their religion.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X