Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"No Fly" list becomes "No Gun" list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the chick that coordinates the no-fly list. These are the type of people that will determine who can't buy a gun...

This is truly some scary stuff.
    Last edited by seanD; 12-12-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Personally, I think the no-fly list should be ruled unconstitutional due to it stripping people of rights not based on any real crime they have done, but on something some faceless bureaucrat somewhere thinks somebody might end up doing with little to no actual evidence to back up such an accusation.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Personally, I think the no-fly list should be ruled unconstitutional due to it stripping people of rights not based on any real crime they have done, but on something some faceless bureaucrat somewhere thinks somebody might end up doing with little to no actual evidence to back up such an accusation.
        There's that! No due process.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          This is the chick that coordinates the no-fly list. These are the type of people that will determine who can't buy a gun...

wow
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Yes, scary - I just listened to it - along with the question, are these government officials just plain stupid? And this one:

“Yes, there is,” Gowdy said. “When I say ‘process’ I’m actually using half of the term ‘due process,’ which is a phrase we find in the Constitution, that you cannot deprive people of certain things without due process. So I understand [Center for American Progress fellow Ken Gude]’s idea, which is to wait until your right has been taken from you and then you can petition the government to get it back. I understand that that’s his idea.”

“My question is, can you name another constitutional right we have that is chilled until you find out it’s chilled, and then you have to petition the government to get it back? Is that true with the First Amendment?”
            http://freebeacon.com/issues/trey-go...ss-gun-rights/
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment