"Fundy Atheist" defined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Supposing you were a manufacturer of motor vehicles and you advertised your latest machinery as being able to travel five hundred miles on one gallon of fuel. You should expect to be challenged. Religion advertises itself. The scrutiny and challenge to it is proportional to the extraordinary claims it makes.
    Atheism advertises itself as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Atheist advertising would seem to be comment on and a reaction to religious advertising. It does not really have product of its own to sell.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Atheist advertising would seem to be comment on and a reaction to religious advertising. It does not really have product of its own to sell.
        Somebody should tell that to them.

Comment

And Dawkins , Harris et al whenever they present their book royalty checks to their bank.

Comment

Sunday Assembly is not exclusively atheist. It is secular and radically inclusive. There is no such thing as apostasy in it, for example. It is not a campaigning group. It is not political.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Sunday Assembly is not exclusively atheist. It is secular and radically inclusive. There is no such thing as apostasy in it, for example. It is not a campaigning group. It is not political.
              Most churches I've been blessed to attend have not been exclusively Christian. All of the churches I've been to are/were radically inclusive. In fact, most churches I've been to attempt to get as many non-Christians into the pews/seats as possible. Nor has any church I've ever been a member of preached politics from the pulpit. Never been under a pastor who asked me to vote for any particular party or politician. And it isn't true that Sunday Assembly does not campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
                And Dawkins , Harris et al whenever they present their book royalty checks to their bank.
                Edited by a Moderator
                Last edited by The Melody Maker; 12-14-2015, 03:08 PM.
                Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                  Edited by a Moderator
                  You could just have sent that as a PM, you know.
                  Last edited by The Melody Maker; 12-14-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                    You could just have sent that as a PM, you know.
                    he prefers public humiliation and demonstrating being a fundy by stalking me in other threads

1) no one said no one ever showed credentials but I hadn't seen them so as is obvious demanding them is not a habit when someone asks you your opinion on something, no one else had or ever did in the thread d and it was all by way of intro.
                    2) none of his credentials had or has anything to do with the subject in this thread or that
                    3) no way for the average poster to verify identities with usernames on a semi anonymous board so still have no idea what his really is
                    4) the arrogant goof up was all caused by ignoring the reference that was actually given.
                    5) Duck season is fine, be a dream if they came through perfectly in a row all the time but the fact that Cheney shot him is not my fault.

anyway in every forum trying to resurrect a closed thread is a violation - not here?
                    Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-14-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
                      anyway in every thread trying to resurrect a closed thread is a violation - not here?
                      We choose to be lightly moderated. There are those, of course, who take undue advantage of that situation.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sunday Assembly is not exclusively atheist. It is secular and radically inclusive. There is no such thing as apostasy in it,

So if you are a evangelical Bible thumping Hell fire preacher you are still within the fold and not fallen away?

Comment

Supposing you were a manufacturer of motor vehicles and you advertised your latest machinery as being able to travel five hundred miles on one gallon of fuel. You should expect to be challenged. Religion advertises itself. The scrutiny and challenge to it is proportional to the extraordinary claims it makes.
                          But the challenges are, in my experience, puerile ones missing the mark entirely. Yours certainly have been.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            But the challenges are, in my experience, puerile ones missing the mark entirely. Yours certainly have been.
                            Not only that, they're silly and trivial, too!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Fundy Atheist's" exposed in a 1 hour YpuTube video "Atheist don't exist"

. . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment