Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What question would you ask God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    LOL! But seriously - I would ask why God has allowed the Devil/demons to hang around so long, don't we have enough trouble dealing with our own sin nature?
    Tassman is not the devil.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Tassman is not the devil.
      How do you know? Have you ever actually seen him in person?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The truth.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

How do you know? Have you ever actually seen him in person?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            The truth.
            You mean like Pilate's question? "What is truth?"

Comment

What would I ask God if I could? Well, first of all I recognize that He has already answered all the big ones in His Book. So when I ponder the question in this thread, my thoughts are that any question I might come up with will probably be an insult to God. For example: Am I one of your elect? This question insults God by doubting His Word that all who call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved. Furthermore, it insults God by suggesting that He should have done a better job of helping us know if we are among His elect.

I'd like to know if my dad, who passed away in 2011, made it to heaven. But I wouldn't ask God that if He appeared to me or spoke to me audibly. I might be more inclined to react like Peter....Lord, depart from me....I am a man of unclean lips.

Comment

"Do you have any input with regard to the creation of a person and know before hand that you will eventually be tossing the person into the lake of fire?"

Comment

Is Matthew 12:40 an idiom?
                  Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Pentecost,
                    re: "Is Matthew 12:40 an idiom?"

Actually, the better question would be "Is Matthew 12:40 a common idiom?".

Comment

Originally posted by rstrats View Post
                      Pentecost,
                      re: "Is Matthew 12:40 an idiom?"

Actually, the better question would be "Is Matthew 12:40 a common idiom?".
                      Ah, well, I have no answer to the question. I was only making a small joke about it being the name of a thread seemingly so often posted in.
                      Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

i would ask "why me?"

why am i special enough in god's eyes to even exist?

then i would thank him

Comment

I've been a questioner all my life and have found enough personally satisfactory answers to the big questions that I can at least rest with. I still have pins in a bunch of the smaller questions but I can rest for now with partial answers and potential directions. So, I guess the question that I really can't figure out...the one I'd probably ask God is..."Why did you make me such a nerd, why?"
                          Aragorn: What do you fear, my lady?

Eowyn: A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire.

Aragorn: You are a daughter of kings, a shield maiden of Rohan. I do not think that will be your fate.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                            If God were to speak audibly to you, offering to answer any one question, what question would you ask Him?
                            Why is there a Tassman?
                            Perhaps to bring you to a greater acknowledgement of your need for the grace of God in your everyday walk. Our responses to the difficult people in our lives can lead us to see that we are not nearly as patient, loving, and kind as we might like to think we are.
                            For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

I'd simply fall to my knees and worship Him. I'm not even worthy enough to speak His name, much less have Him pay me a second's notice for a response...
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                I'd simply fall to my knees and worship Him. I'm not even worthy enough to speak His name, much less have Him pay me a second's notice for a response...
                                What ever happened to the Lord's Prayer ?
                                The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X