Announcement

Collapse

Theology 201 Guidelines

This is the forum to discuss the spectrum of views within Christianity on God's foreknowledge and election such as Calvinism, Arminianism, Molinism, Open Theism, Process Theism, Restrictivism, and Inclusivism, Christian Universalism and what these all are about anyway. Who is saved and when is/was their salvation certain? How does God exercise His sovereignty and how powerful is He? Is God timeless and immutable? Does a triune God help better understand God's love for mankind?

While this area is for the discussion of these doctrines within historic Christianity, all theists interested in discussing these areas within the presuppositions of and respect for the Christian framework are welcome to participate here. This is not the area for debate between nontheists and theists, additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream evangelical doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101 Nontheists seeking only theistic participation only in a manner that does not seek to undermine the faith of others are also welcome - but we ask that Moderator approval be obtained beforehand.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 or General Theistics 101 forum without such restrictions. Theists who wish to discuss these issues outside the parameters of orthodox Christian doctrine are invited to Unorthodox Theology 201.

Remember, our forum rules apply here as well. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Logic, Darwin, Dating, and God

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    There is no good reason to suspend your discussion with Lao, or any other poster you deem to be worthy, just because you don't wish to interact with certain others here. Ignore them!
    Logged in to check on Lao but I have a few minute so I can respond to that

If you are committed to a community that makes sense . If you are unimpressed by one then its a waste of time to buckle down and get into long conversations. No put down for what you get out of Tweb but just don't share your opinion of the value at this point and we all make decision about our time. I offered Lao a personal one on one contact to begin with and said I didn't want to get into anything but a reasonable discussion. There's already been three demonstrable silly posters in this thread. Too much in a short time. Its not a terrible active forum compared to some other forums so that comes out to a high ratio. At the rate it was going that would be like two or three nonsense/childish posts per page to ignore which is just too noisy for Mwa :)

Take care and a good life to you.

and if on cue to prove my point again

Originally posted by Adam View Post
    He certainly has a valid point to question your credentials. I don't insist on such myself, but if your posts are going to be dogmatically your views then you must either support them with citations or list your credentials as an authority on what you say.
    Hey adam - thanks for that. It pretty much illustrates what I was talking about .

A) I have been here on and off for months and never seen anyone list their qualifications
    B) Its stupid on forums unless you are going to cross check Ids. I can say I am anyone and with any credentials
    C) I am the only one in this thread that has placed any links as reference and Shun went off on the very one I did. He has no point and neither do you . Its just babble.
    D) the idea that I have been discredited is just rhetoric. Don;t even need to take seriously since you have offered no qualifications which you propose to require
    E) I was asked to this thread and asked my opinion about something and gave it. trying to represent that as dogmatism is just stupid. You can't ask someone their opinion and they answer and call it dogmatic especially with just an intro before anyone has dug into the matter on either side.
    F) I am an authority, as anyone would be, when asked what their position is. That was what I was asked - we never even got past intros to get into any meat. Fundies such as yourself just get all upset at even at the thought of there being any discussion related to your Fundy positions.

So if someone looks at your response as an outsider and see you are the third display of verified ignorance I think they would see what I was saying about a large group of this community just isn't sensible enough to have rational discussion with. Dunno why that is - rejects from other forums? easy to sign up? Dunno but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Mikeenders; 12-14-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
      Its not a terrible active forum compared to some other forums . . .
      This forum used to be a lot more active before the crash. I'm not sure if it will ever regain it's "former glory", but I'm cautiously hopeful. If just some of the old posters would return and start being more active.

There are a lot of people on my friends list who I wish would start posting more.

Comment

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

I will make this easy for everyone. Closing thread.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
        Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X