Conversation about food served on scantily clad women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversation about food served on scantily clad women

Recently, one of my co-workers visited Las Vegas and he told me about his trip. (He is not a Christian.) He said that he went to a restaurant where meals are served on the bodies of scantily clad women. Women take off all their clothes except for their underwear and lie down on a table face up. Then, some large leaves and food are placed on their bodies. He asked me whether I would go to this kind of restaurant. I told him that I would not go to this kind of restaurant and he asked me why. I said that I believe that it is wrong to think immoral thoughts about women and that if a person went to this kind of restaurant, then he would be strongly tempted to think immoral thoughts about women. My co-worker said that serving food on naked bodies is an art form and that it is a cultural artistic practice. He also said that there is nothing sexual about it. I told him that it doesn't matter if it is called an art form. The purpose of such an establishment is to encourage men to think lustful thoughts about women. He disagreed with me. He said that there was nothing sexual about it. I asked him, "If there is nothing sexual about it, then would you eat food that is served on the scantily clad body of a man?" He said that he would not. I asked, "Why not? There is nothing sexual about it."

How would you respond to my co-worker? Do you have experience talking with non-Christians that involve whether a certain thing is moral or immoral?
    Last edited by Jaxb; 12-13-2015, 01:06 AM.

This sounds like it's mocking the sin-eater. Personally, I've never found a reason to go to Vegas.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have been there and have reason to avoid it in the future.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Putting food on nude or scantily clad women is in now way shape or form art.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          This sounds like it's mocking the sin-eater. Personally, I've never found a reason to go to Vegas.
          I've never heard of a sin-eater before. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxb View Post
            I've never heard of a sin-eater before. Thanks for the link.
            It was actually a short story I was required to read in High School back in the middle ages for Anglish.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It has nothing to do with the sin-eater, and it is intended to be sexually suggestive. It's called Nyotaimori. In popular media it's often associated with those who like to flaunt their money. You often see it in films or tv shows with gangsters or rich Arabs or the like.

More than concern about temptation, I think a better reason not to eat at these sorts of places is simply because its demeaning to women. It treats people like...furniture. Well payed furniture, no doubt, but it's still pretty jacked up. Also, eating food off of people...gross.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                Also, eating food off of people...gross.
                Wash your hands before you touch food, but eat it off this lady's body.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  It has nothing to do with the sin-eater, and it is intended to be sexually suggestive. It's called Nyotaimori. In popular media it's often associated with those who like to flaunt their money. You often see it in films or tv shows with gangsters or rich Arabs or the like.

More than concern about temptation, I think a better reason not to eat at these sorts of places is simply because its demeaning to women. It treats people like...furniture. Well payed furniture, no doubt, but it's still pretty jacked up. Also, eating food off of people...gross.
                  I agree that it is demeaning to women.

Someone might say that the women are willing to that, but it is demeaning to women whether the women are willing to do that or not.

Comment