Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Split From How long were the days

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Split From How long were the days

Literal 24 hr days began in Day 4 of the Seven Day account. The account literally has nothing to do those kind of days. Of a truth, the whole mystery of God is revealed in Seven Days from beginning to end.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Literal 24 hr days began in Day 4 of the Seven Day account. The account literally has nothing to do those kind of days. Of a truth, the whole mystery of God is revealed in Seven Days from beginning to end.
    If they show up on day 4, then how does the account have "nothing to do those(sic) kinds of days"?

3. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What do those days have to do with the First where the Light of every man shone in the darkness? ...or the Seventh wherein there is found no more Night?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

6. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    K...the Seventh Day according to the account has niether evening nor morning. Cannot be a literal 24hr day. Evening and morning are produced in a day where there is Night... found in the First Day where light was sent forth to shine in the darkness... which is what John was referring to in the first chapter of his Gospel. Again, cannot be a literal 24hr day since John attached a spiritual truth to it concerning the Messiah. Further proof, God saw that the Light of the First Day was "good" identifying it as the Light of God... since God [alone] is good. Now, juxtaposing the First and the Seventh day reveals the fate of Night in the end... that it would be no more. Also revealed in the First Day is the way things would go. Evening leading into darkness was first... Adam #1. Morning leading into Light was last... Adam #2, called the Bright and Morning Star. So, literal 24hr days are found in the Fourth Day where there are the heavenly bodies that mark them. Point... the seven day account of creation is not at all what it seems at first glance. The whole mystery of God is found there. Rev. 10.
    Last edited by Jeff; 11-20-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Alrighty, I agree that the first and last days were not 24-hour days, and I would say that the middle days were not 24-hour days, either, given that "evening and morning" have the same general meaning throughout.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I agree. The first and the last are just easiest to prove. Prove these and it becomes apparent that the middle days are the same. So, why is this not obvious to all? ...and why are men not curious about what the Days mean... in your opinion?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I agree. The first and the last are just easiest to prove. Prove these and it becomes apparent that the middle days are the same. So, why is this not obvious to all? ...and why are men not curious about what the Days mean... in your opinion?
    People disagree because the text has been taken as straightforward literal days for thousands of years. The week in Genesis is even directly compared to the Israelite work week in Exodus. You also have a false premise in one of your reasons for it not being literal, and that being that John applies theological significance, therefore it can't be literal. This is just nonsense as there are countless examples of literal history having theological significance. Christianity and Judaism are primarily based on God's historical interactions with humanity. If the history isn't true, then the theological aspects are false as well.

11. Amen Faber, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hello Cerebrum. Not a false premise at all. The Seventh Day proves it. No evening or morning. Not a literal day by any standard that men are capable of imagining. Therefore, to imagine the six days before as literally like those found in the Fourth is to create an unnecessary distraction from the mysteries that are so plainly revealed there. It matters not one bit to any man how long the days were. Misses the point completely. Mine is not an argument concerning young earth / old earth. Totally unimportant in the grand scheme. Well... except to an enemy bent on distracting, I suppose. Not speaking of men here, but the deceiver of them. What does the length of time matter? I tell you, what is revealed in the account are like seven thunders uttering their voices. I know, now, how it is that "like a thief" the Lord comes.
    Last edited by Jeff; 11-21-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Professor and Chaplain Littlejoe's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Moderated By: Littlejoe

Applied Protology is for YEC and OEC discussions only. Discusssion split and moved to correct forum.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

"What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

14. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.