Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Christianity is a falling religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianity is a falling religion

I can see the day where Christianity or at least what people call Orthodox, corrupts and falls at the seams. The whole idea of the trinity makes no sense at all. People need to wake up and see the light. Three persons? One entity? That doesn't work. Its quite apparent, even with scripture that Jesus and God the Father are two separate entities. One day, we are going to see the uprising of the Mormon people. Stand and Unite for the LDS church, and praise our founder of the religion, Joseph Smith.

Originally posted by Apocalypticsights View Post
    I can see the day where Christianity or at least what people call Orthodox, corrupts and falls at the seams. The whole idea of the trinity makes no sense at all. People need to wake up and see the light. Three persons? One entity? That doesn't work. Its quite apparent, even with scripture that Jesus and God the Father are two separate entities. One day, we are going to see the uprising of the Mormon people. Stand and Unite for the LDS church, and praise our founder of the religion, Joseph Smith.

Jesus Himself taught that God is one.

Mark 12:29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

If anything it's the Mormon idea that people can become gods that's nonsensical, at least according to the Bible anyway.

Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

I'll admit the the Trinity is something that's hard to wrap one's brain around, but I don't think it's as nonsensical as you make it out to be. I also don't think you're doing justice to the concept either. It's three persons, one essence(or nature), not one "entity". Maybe you could go through some of the information here, under Trinity. I know it's a lot, but this isn't exactly a simple subject. At least not for most of us. Although the one who owns that website has a book called "The Trinity Made Simple". I haven't gotten to read the book, but perhaps he really does that. It's something I need to read(and buy) when I get a chance.

Comment

The Trinity is going nowhere. And even if every single person on earth abandoned belief in the Trinity it still would not mean that it is false, it would only mean that everyone on earth is wrong about this issue.

Comment

Why Mormonism rather than Islam?
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

First of all, I'm not the right race to be of Islam faith. I am not Muslim. Only Muslims should be Islamic.

Second, the Mormon faith is the only faith that teaches love and acceptance. Thats what our almighty God sent down to Joseph Smith through visions. I also believe through visions I have seen the greatness of God and the one and only truth to be of the Mormon faith. I have seen my birth before I was conceived through the almighty eternal eye of God. Mormonism says I was in heaven at first before I was conceived to be born. Since I have seen this vision and the countless irrefutable truths in the Book of Mormon, I have no recourse but to believe the prophecies of Joseph Smith and my own.

Why does Jesus pray to God in the garden? What is the whole purpose of that if they are not separate entities? The whole of the trinity does not make sense.

Comment

First of all, I'm not the right race to be of Islam faith. I am not Muslim. Only Muslims should be Islamic.

Second, the Mormon faith is the only faith that teaches love and acceptance. Thats what our almighty God sent down to Joseph Smith through visions. I also believe through visions I have seen the greatness of God and the one and only truth to be of the Mormon faith. I have seen my birth before I was conceived through the almighty eternal eye of God. Mormonism says I was in heaven at first before I was conceived to be born. Since I have seen this vision and the countless irrefutable truths in the Book of Mormon, I have no recourse but to believe the prophecies of Joseph Smith and my own.

Why does Jesus pray to God in the garden? What is the whole purpose of that if they are not separate entities? The whole of the trinity does not make sense.
            Muslim is not a race.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              Muslim is not a race.
              Do you consider Jew a race? I do.

Comment

Technically it's an ethnicity, but for the sake of simplicity I'm willing to regard Jewishness as both a race and a religion. The same is simply not true of the word "Muslim", which simply describes an individual who ascribes to Islam. There are Arab Muslims, Asian Muslims, African Muslims, European Muslims, and so on. Muslim does not, in any way, shape, or form refer to shared biological similarities as do designators like: black, caucasian, asian, indian, aborigine, etc.

You don't have to take my word for it, though. Just ask anyone. Consult a dictionary or an encyclopedia if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Technically it's an ethnicity, but for the sake of simplicity I'm willing to regard Jewishness as both a race and a religion. The same is simply not true of the word "Muslim", which simply describes an individual who ascribes to Islam. There are Arab Muslims, Asian Muslims, African Muslims, European Muslims, and so on. Muslim does not, in any way, shape, or form refer to shared biological similarities as do designators like: black, caucasian, asian, indian, aborigine, etc.

You don't have to take my word for it, though. Just ask anyone. Consult a dictionary or an encyclopedia if that helps.
                  Alright thats how I've defined Muslims. As an Arab race of people. So maybe the word I used was incorrect. I think the Muslim religion is simply incorrect. The Child of Promise is a problem for sure from the Mormons and the Muslims.

Comment

Adrift corrected you sufficiently on this point.

Second, the Mormon faith is the only faith that teaches love and acceptance.
                    1. Hi, my name is shunyadragon, and I would like to speak with you about the Bahai faith.

2. What about love and acceptance for same-sex couples, you bigot?

3 (and this is the one that actually represents my perspective). "Only"? Seriously? Is Mormonism the only religion that has John's epistles in its scriptures?

Thats what our almighty God sent down to Joseph Smith through visions. I also believe through visions I have seen the greatness of God and the one and only truth to be of the Mormon faith. I have seen my birth before I was conceived through the almighty eternal eye of God. Mormonism says I was in heaven at first before I was conceived to be born. Since I have seen this vision and the countless irrefutable truths in the Book of Mormon, I have no recourse but to believe the prophecies of Joseph Smith and my own.
                    I'll not get into the archaeological and historical questions related to the Book of Mormon's accuracy. Instead, I'll just raise my eyebrow at your claims about receiving visions, and wonder what your response is to claims in places like Fatima and Lourdes of people saying they were visited by Jesus' mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      Adrift corrected you sufficiently on this point.

1. Hi, my name is shunyadragon, and I would like to speak with you about the Bahai faith.

2. What about love and acceptance for same-sex couples, you bigot?

3 (and this is the one that actually represents my perspective). "Only"? Seriously? Is Mormonism the only religion that has John's epistles in its scriptures?

I'll not get into the archaeological and historical questions related to the Book of Mormon's accuracy. Instead, I'll just raise my eyebrow at your claims about receiving visions, and wonder what your response is to claims in places like Fatima and Lourdes of people saying they were visited by Jesus' mother.
                      1) God does not create homosexuals. That is a choice. It is not what God created them to be.

2) Christianity is an okay religion, its just incomplete. The totality of love and acceptance is not found in the Christian belief structure, but obviously the love of Jesus is there.

3)Who is to say that they were not visited by Jesus's mother?

Comment

1) God does not create homosexuals. That is a choice. It is not what God created them to be.
                        You seem to mean by acceptance something similar to what Robespierre meant by public safety. I'm open to correction, though: please define "acceptance."

3)Who is to say that they were not visited by Jesus's mother?
                        These visits were to trinitarian Christians. She did not correct them on their trinitarianism.

Comment

That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Mormonism says I was in heaven at first before I was conceived to be born.
                            And it's a lie.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No. Sammy Davis Jr. was a Jew
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X