Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Favorite BitTorrent Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite BitTorrent Client

And why?

Currently using QBitTorrent... is there a better client?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

QBitTorrent has been a favorite of mine for a while now too. I used to use μTorrent exclusively, but it has become bloated with useless features and adware. So I switched.

I personally haven't found a Torrent client that appeals to me like QBitTorrent does and μTorrent use to.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Good to know, thanks!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I use Tixati myself because I prefer its bandwidth controls, but qBittorrent is great and probably the best all-around torrent client.

Comment

Are those torrent things ethical? What are they used for?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Basically, it's a file transfer protocol (that's what FTP stands for, ya know!) for moving large files over the internet. It's also a file sharing client, though that's not what I use it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              The protocol itself is neutral. Just depends on what you use it for. I use mine for anything interesting I might find on Archive.org.
              "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment