Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Immigration problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
    though it will be verboten to say this, depends upon the origin in many cases. In South Florida for instance, what you said would hold true for Cubans.
    I don't know why it would be "verboten". There are vast cultural differences between Mexico and Cuba. Indeed, there are cultural differences (not as vast, but present) between Northern Mexico and Central Mexico. I would imagine the poll results would be quite different had they been conducted in Cuba, and I would even hazard that they would be noticeably (but not as significantly) different if the poll had been conducted in Mexico City rather than in border areas.

Comment

I have much less interest in how immigration played out in the past than in who supports it today:

It is an easy and patriotic matter for the lawyer, minister, professor, employer, or investor, placed above the arena of competition, to proclaim the equal right of all races to American opportunities; to avow his own willingness to give way should even a better Chinaman, Hindu, or Turk come in to take his place; and to rebuke the racial hatred of those who resist this displacement. His patriotism and world-wide brotherhood cost him and his family nothing, and indeed they add to his profits and leisure.
      Or, in this case, Outis's ghoulishly hateful liberal smugness. Guess he must live in a majority-white district.

And the difference between a corporate takeover and a slow flood of dependents is the same as the difference between declared war and constant, low-level tribal conflict-wars eventually end, a new order is declared and followed, and people no longer have to spend their time, blood, and money worrying about how to survive or finish the conflict, and can so focus on things like art, science, religion, and other hobbies of peace.

Versus in tribal conflict, where the war is your life, and there is nothing else but a constant state of seeking opportunities to get back at whoever your enemy of the day is.

Sort of like in Cleveland today, now that I think about it:

Cleveland authorities have made several arrests following the mob beating of a disabled Army veteran by a group of teenagers.

Last Friday, the victim, Matthew Robinson, was surrounded by between six and eight teenagers while riding the RTA Healthline. Robinson told WOIO that he was attacked by the teens, then robbed of his possessions.

During the attack, the teens made several derogatory remarks about Robinson.
      “What they were saying was, ‘Knock that boy out!’ ‘White boy.’ ‘Cracker,’” he was quoted as saying about the incident. “They were saying, ‘Knock that white boy out.’”

This week, three suspects – Kenneth Matthews, Ronald Reid Williams and an unnamed 16-year-old girl – were arrested by Cleveland and RTA police. The latter filmed the attack with her cell phone, and was said to still have the video at the time of her apprehension.

Despite the arrests, concern remains as other attacks of a similar nature have happened in the area, most of which are said to have been perpetrated by other young culprits, according to WOIO.

Added Robinson of the danger, “Your mother or sister could be on the bus, and the same thing could happen to them.
      Or Outis the Cripple. Tell me, Outis, given that your sympathies seem to lie with the OPPRESSED MINORITIES, if I saw a group of black thugs about to go all Matthew Robinson on your weak and disabled body, would it be more appropriate to use my very able body and presumed concealed firearms to put a stop to it, or would it be better to allow you to experience that diversity firsthand, as no doubt someone who looked like you did something bad to someone who looked like them sometime in the past? Should I change my response if the gang members were Mexican?

I eagerly await your response.
      Last edited by Epoetker; 02-22-2014, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
        Bill, have you actually read the article?
        Yes. That's why I commented on their "moral justification for breaking US immigration law" and the fact that they are consuming resources without putting in to the pool.

The article makes much of the facts that the decision to illegally migrate is based on a complexity of factors, of which "bilking the system" does not appear in the list.
        The decision to illegally migrate is only the beginning phase of their illegal occupancy. Once here, they rely on what amounts to bilking the system, such as using the ER with no intention of paying for the bill.

Indeed, the article makes quite clear that crime rates for illegal immigrants are lower than for citizens. With the exception of the initial decision to cross the border, immigrants tend to be very law abiding, moral, and work oriented.
        Yet they bilk the system for resources without paying taxes to sustain it.

I'm not sure how you're making that into "bilking the system."
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]320[/ATTACH]
          What goes around comes around.

Comment