Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Empiricism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MehGerbil View Post
    No need to be a sore loser.
    To be fair, you didn't show up until the battle was decided.

I'm sure things will go better next round.

Not for shuny.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Dear fundy Christians,
      Do you know (of course not) that you were brainwashed for political reasons? Your job is to make up numbers, to put your X in the correct box, forget about a science education and just shut up. It has nothing to do with salvation.

Comment

No need to be a sore loser.
        To be fair, you didn't show up until the battle was decided.

I'm sure things will go better next round.

You cannot win or lose anything when nobodies mind showed up for the battle. I simply waited for an intelligent post that never appeared. All I saw was a parade of smug one liners.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 01-19-2014, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Empiricism has evolved over time, and similar to 'Naturalism,' which to be understood needs to be differentiated between Methodological Naturalism, and Philosophical Naturalism. The evolution of empiricism formed the foundation of modern scientific methods. 'Extreme Empiricism' roughly equates to Philosophical Naturalism. One advantage in the early history of science is that emphasizing sensory experience of the physical world took priority over culture and traditional beliefs concerning the physical world. The following definition may help.

[cite = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empiricism][/cite]

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 01-19-2014, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Dear fundy Christians,
            Do you know (of course not) that you were brainwashed for political reasons? Your job is to make up numbers, to put your X in the correct box, forget about a science education and just shut up. It has nothing to do with salvation.
            This post is perfect troll bait.
            It says absolutely nothing and yet I feel vaguely offended.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              You cannot win or lose anything when nobodies mind showed up for the battle. I simply waited for an intelligent post that never appeared. All I saw was a parade of smug one liners.
              The side of the frothing-at-the-mouth fundamentalist atheists was represented by firstfloor.
              It isn't my fault your side sent members of your B team into Apologetics 301.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                I wouldn't call said incidents "persecution" makes the term cheap. There are Christian facing real persecution across the globe, often being killed for their beliefs. Glad you agree that said behavior is unacceptable though.
                C123 thinks rape and death threats don't amount to persecution.

That there are immature petty Christians is granted. However, that's not usually what "activist atheists" go after in my experience. They usually want any and all religious items/ideas removed from the public sector. Essentially they want to shut up their opponents.
                Because threats like those are just "petty."

Looks as if the inaugural thread in Apologetics goes to the Theists.
                Current score: 1:0 Theists:Atheists

Anytime you guys need more help just give me a call.
                My work here is done.
                Umm, Gerbs, own goals show up on the other side of the scoreboard.

Comment

This post is perfect troll bait.
                  It says absolutely nothing and yet I feel vaguely offended.
                  In that case I vaguely apologize. I am trying to disagree in a friendly way. Is this thread supposed to be about anything in particular?

Comment

In that case I vaguely apologize. I am trying to disagree in a friendly way. Is this thread supposed to be about anything in particular?
                    Are you supposed to be about anything in particular?
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                      C123 thinks rape and death threats don't amount to persecution.
                      Oops, I worded that wrongly. I meant I didn't feel that the legal battles over cross necklaces and the like were persecution.

Because threats like those are just "petty."
                      I'll reword it because I was not being as clear as I meant, my fault too.

That there are immature, petty, hateful, and even some downright awful Christians is granted.

Is that better?

Comment

Church/state separation is good for everyone.
                        Agreed, misunderstanding of it however lead to a lot of problems. Trying to make our country free of any public religious sentiment at all was not the purpose of said statement.

It is about having equal rights regardless of race, creed, colour, sex and sexual orientation.
                        Sexual orientation isn't protected under the Constitution.

The threat to your Republic comes from the Christian Right Dominionist Movement.
                        Never even heard of them, so it's doubtful they are nearly the kind of threat that Obama and others like him pose.

Comment

The side of the frothing-at-the-mouth fundamentalist atheists was represented by firstfloor.
                          It isn't my fault your side sent members of your B team into Apologetics 301.
                          No, that was their F team.

Comment

The "gerbil" crushed you guys and he's not even that smart. What have you guys been doing here since we left? Obviously not studying your Satan bibles.
                            Last edited by Trout; 01-19-2014, 10:03 AM.
                            The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                              Umm, Gerbs, own goals show up on the other side of the scoreboard.
                              I'm thinking about changing sides.
                              Largely because C123 approves of rape.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                                Sexual orientation isn't protected under the Constitution.
                                It is a curious omission given that the authors were wearing lace and wigs.

Comment